FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop installation problem

metalfreek
I have a Photoshop CS3 installation problem. While I try to install it, it says "You can only install one Adobe product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Photoshop CS3" I have dreamweaver CS3 installed in my PC. I have attempted many times but same result. I even shut down my computer and try to install again but same result. I dont have a clue what to do. My computer configuration is good enough. I have used Photoshop CS3 previously and uninstalled it. I again tryed to install and this problem arrived. Any one have any idea?
ocalhoun
I've seen something like this before. When adobe products install, they don't delete the installation files if you cancel it or it has an error.
Try to uninstall photoshop again (if it is not in the add/remove programs section, use the uninstaller on the disk). After doing that, try to install it again.
r4inm4ker
Yeah, Adobe installation things are very annoying. Even if you uninstall them, sometimes it leaves traces and you cannot reinstall it back.
Maybe you can try uninstall dreamweaver first and then reinstall them. or you can try using this script to clean previous installation:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html
metalfreek
I have solved the installation problem by using couple of software
(1) Dial-a-fix http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix
(2) MSI cleanup Utility

I first used dial a fix selecting all the function.
Then i used MSI cleanup Utility (first select all and than remove all)

It worked for me. Now i have installed all adobe product (reader, DW, PS, FL)

But there is a glitch in this method. After doing this you have to re-install other products like Microsoft office, Adobe reader etc. Thats a negative part of this method.

I hope this will be of some help to you.