FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About hosting account

metalfreek
As far as I have understand if my points go below -10 my free hosting account will be deleted. What about the data there? Also for some reason if my account is removed can i again request the same host name that i have used before? (I mean free host site name)
LukeakaDanish
As far as I know frihost is not required to recover your data for you - you may however backup your data if you know you risk going to a low amount of points. That way you can easily restore it later, should your hosting account be deleted.

Also, it is not deleted automatically, so often it wont be deleted before your much lower than -10.

Of course you can request the same name again, as long it hasn't been taken by someone else.
leosthenerd
so thats how it works... Rolling Eyes
rvec
most users get a lot below -10 before their account gets deleted. But by then it really gets deleted, and there is no way to get the data back (from our servers). You can of course get a new account when you have enough points again.
johnsuth
rvec wrote:
most users get a lot below -10 before their account gets deleted. But by then it really gets deleted, and there is no way to get the data back (from our servers). You can of course get a new account when you have enough points again.

Just a general question here about the FRIHOST, as I've not yet posted five times to receive my free account. Will I be able to create my site from scratch or are their pre-determined templates? The reason I signed up here was because I've never done any web design before, but I work for a software company that caters specifically to the 'creative' industry, of which web design accounts for a large percentage of our clientele. I've been reading quite a bit about (x)html and css and it would be a shame if I couldn't at least attempt to try these formats(?) out. If anyone one can help please let me know. Hopefully I'm not wasting my time
LukeakaDanish
It is ONLY possible to design your own site.

With frihos you get hosting space - you can use that as you wish, but there are no "templates" you have to use.
tidruG
Luke is right.
We don't have any preset templates. We simply offer you space and you can host whatever kind of website you want.
If you're looking for a template-based website, you could try using a CMS or something similar.
pha-camot
LukeakaDanish wrote:
As far as I know frihost is not required to recover your data for you - you may however backup your data if you know you risk going to a low amount of points. That way you can easily restore it later, should your hosting account be deleted.

Also, it is not deleted automatically, so often it wont be deleted before your much lower than -10.

Of course you can request the same name again, as long it hasn't been taken by someone else.

thanks for the info
tidruG
As for the original question, we manually delete the hosting accounts of those people whose points go below -10.
However, we generally allow a little leeway for members who have been pretty active in the past. So, you may find some members with -50 who still have their hosting accounts.
And we generally do not take backups of the accounts that we delete. However, if you are unable to login for a lengthy portion of time, we do consider requests not to delete the data for some portion of time.