FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LOST

Do you watch the TV series LOST?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 29 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
I don't know what you are talking about
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

mgeek
I got interested in the TV series LOST towards the end of last season. With the new season, I have made it my resolve not to miss any episode. I find it ironic that a group of people who are lost in an island somewhere (no one knows where it is) would be more lost outside of it. Well at least that is what the "flash-forwards" seem to show.

Is there anyone here who shares my interest for the show?
snowboardalliance
Yeah I think it's a really good show. Sometimes frustrating, but I'm going to watch it to the end.
Dean_The_Great
LOST gives you one answer and ten questions every episode, where Heroes gives you five answers and five new questions every episode, which I much prefer.

But that being said, I'm with LOST until the end.
Indyan
Lost is my favourite show. Its probably the best show on TV in terms of quality of writing and direction. It's amazing how they changed the entire structure of the show mid-way and made things so interesting.
WicCaesar
Yes, I do, and I'm very anxious for the fifth season!
cavey
Of course I watch Lost. I have watched every episode since the series started. When all my friends did not bother anymore, I still hung in there! The last season was great. I made me happy that I did not give it up. Many people expect an action series with concluding(?) episodes. But it is a drama/mystery series where you have to watch almost every episodes to understand and appreciate whats happening.

Anyone knows when the season premiere is?
Rajiev
Hell ya, I love LOST.

It is one of the most viewed TV shows in the history and It say millions of users Download LOST episodes weekly when it airs Surprised

Currently it is not aired, but it will be back on track ealry next year Rolling Eyes

To my opinion, it is THE most well written story I've ever watched. All the episodes are interconnected like a well wowen web and most of the times it is unbelievable that a story can be connected that well..

There are some serious fansites On LOST and when i say serious, they are.... Shocked

Arrow Check this out for an instance http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.html. It has some cool explanation on the LOST thoery. It is a must see for lost fans.

If you are more interested in more stuff, PM me Wink
mgeek
Rajiev wrote:

Arrow Check this out for an instance http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.html. It has some cool explanation on the LOST thoery. It is a must see for lost fans.

If you are more interested in more stuff, PM me Wink

Great article! I enjoyed reading it. Here is my response.
Rajiev
Let's Check it out....
Mcfr0st
i watched some episodes of lost at a friends house and was hooked, and me not wanting to start watching the series somewhere in the middle, i went and got all the shows on dvd

started from the beginning and have watched every episode, and cant wait for it to be january for the show to start again!

ill probably watch all 4 seasons again before the new season starts
Rajiev
Quote:
i watched some episodes of lost at a friends house and was hooked, and me not wanting to start watching the series somewhere in the middle, i went and got all the shows on dvd

started from the beginning and have watched every episode, and cant wait for it to be january for the show to start again!

ill probably watch all 4 seasons again before the new season starts

That's the way with lost... Smile

Once a Lost fan, Always a lost fan...

Lost Forever....
Mcfr0st
That time loop theory was an interesting read. And I do find it crazy how all this has panned out and is all intertwined between each episode.

Man I cant wait for season 5!
mgeek
Mcfr0st wrote:
That time loop theory was an interesting read. And I do find it crazy how all this has panned out and is all intertwined between each episode.

Man I cant wait for season 5!

Where I am they are replaying season 4 and I really got intrigued by Desmond's flash backs and flash forwards. It may still turn out that Desmond is one of the keys to the whole show.
WicCaesar
I just think every season should have the same number of episodes, or near to.
Season one had 26, season two had 25, three had 24, but the fourth season has only 16 episodes!
At least they've made two bonus DVDs for the box.
lyckichev
5 season will reliased on January, 21st Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mgeek
lyckichev wrote:
5 season will reliased on January, 21st Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I hope the season is shown in our network at that time too. Right now we have the replays of all the episodes
o2o213o2
Lost is an American serial drama television series that I like
andersonic
Only a few days to go!! Surprised
driftingfe3s
I was a big fan of Lost when it first came out. I really liked the story but after a while it seemed like all it did was drag on. There would be entire episodes of flashbacks of people's lives and no progression at all on what was happening on the island.

I stopped watching it regularly around the beginning of season three after I learned that they would try and aim for something ridiculous and make it eight seasons long. I've seen a few episodes after I stopped watching regularly and the plot has become very ridiculous. Maybe because I haven't seen what has happened until that point, but it was a good confirmation of why I stopped watching. It kind of feels like it lost direction. The addition of new characters every season is annoying because the cast is already huge as it is.
Rajiev
Hoooray,
the New Season Started Smile

DLed three spisods. But didn't have time to wath either Sad
snowboardalliance
driftingfe3s wrote:
I was a big fan of Lost when it first came out. I really liked the story but after a while it seemed like all it did was drag on. There would be entire episodes of flashbacks of people's lives and no progression at all on what was happening on the island.

I stopped watching it regularly around the beginning of season three after I learned that they would try and aim for something ridiculous and make it eight seasons long. I've seen a few episodes after I stopped watching regularly and the plot has become very ridiculous. Maybe because I haven't seen what has happened until that point, but it was a good confirmation of why I stopped watching. It kind of feels like it lost direction. The addition of new characters every season is annoying because the cast is already huge as it is.

Well they are making it only 6 seasons so it's almost over, not 8.

And because of that, this season is going to start answering questions. They had to have mystery before to keep the story interesting but now is the time that we find all the answers. These next two seasons should really wrap things up.
carl_fernandes
Has the new season already started ? How has the story progressed till now.. is the new season as gripping as the last one ? anyone who has watched the new season please add your comments here.
mgeek
carl_fernandes wrote:
Has the new season already started ? How has the story progressed till now.. is the new season as gripping as the last one ? anyone who has watched the new season please add your comments here.

I am still waiting for it.
jessicawalker
I wish Sawyer was my pool boy. Wink
socceraggie
I didn't start watching Lost until last year. Fortunately ABC had all of the seasons online for free (very cool). So far this season, I find myself curious and wanting more and yet very skeptical about where the plot is going. As I say this I realize that I'm questioning the plot line of a show that takes place on an island that has smoke monsters, "others", and the Darma Initiative. So maybe I shouldn't ask questions and just enjoy the show.

I do have a question about Richard Alpert. Does anyone have any insight as to why he doesn't age? Did I miss an episode somewhere that this is explained? Is it because he jumps in time like the island? I find this to be one of the mysteries that I'm very interested in learning the truth.
socceraggie
I didn't start watching Lost until last year. Fortunately ABC had all of the seasons online for free (very cool). So far this season, I find myself curious and wanting more and yet very skeptical about where the plot is going. As I say this I realize that I'm questioning the plot line of a show that takes place on an island that has smoke monsters, "others", and the Darma Initiative. So maybe I shouldn't ask questions and just enjoy the show.

I do have a question about Richard Alpert. Does anyone have any insight as to why he doesn't age? Did I miss an episode somewhere that this is explained? Is it because he jumps in time like the island? I find this to be one of the mysteries that I'm very interested in learning the truth.
socceraggie

snowboardalliance
socceraggie wrote:

It is still a mystery. I guess we'll know this year or next though.

Hopefully...haha, unless they just don't explain it.
angfrayle
I like LOST. It makes me think. The actors and actresses do a great job portraying their characters. Right now however all I see are replays of previous seasons. Not that I am complaining. but I'd like to see the new season now.
TurtleShell
Dude, I just watched the season finale last night. very dramatic. ...and, in the middle there was an earthquake near my house. Even more dramatic.
fx-trading-education
TurtleShell wrote:
Dude, I just watched the season finale last night. very dramatic. ...and, in the middle there was an earthquake near my house. Even more dramatic.

Is there a finale season or is it just the last one until the next one.
TurtleShell
I'm pretty sure next season is the final season, if that's what you're asking.
brokenadvice
I have watched lost forever, but I really don't like the recent episodes. I was on of the few that liked the time warping, but I did not like what happened after that.
Stormrage
Lost is an awesome TV show. Looking forward to season 6. I have very high expectations.
Nameless
I just finished watching the 5th season of Lost ... some of the reveals at the end were quite good, but I can't help but feel a little bit irritated they ended the last episode at pretty much exactly point I guessed they would several episodes back, leaving it on an egregious cliffhanger (you know, again). Still, the last season should be fun (dubious though I am about the writer's ability to sensibly answer even half of the mysteries) - most of the 5th season seemed kind of aimless, without specific threats compared to other seasons, and "I just know" is getting really tired as an excuse for motive.
brokenadvice
Nameless wrote:
at pretty much exactly point I guessed they would several episodes back

Unfortunately, I knew the ending as well pretty early on, even going as far as to call it the moment Faraday showed up again. I just hope Juliet is ok, she and Sawyer have such a good thing going, but hey Jacob didn't touch her, so we'll see.
mgeek
I'm still waiting for the new series... Rolling Eyes
pgrmdave
Lost is one of my favorite shows of all time - I just hope that they tie up all the loose ends in the next season!
CirceDW
Lost is one of my favorite shows. I can΄t wait to see how the story continues!
deanhills
I tried to get into "Lost" but just could not. Maybe because I could not relate to some of it.
GNDHBK
I Love LOST I have been watching it since the beginning and I never have gotten bored of the show. I am always guessing what will happen next. I miss Charlie though I LOVED him he was so down to earth and the changes he made before he died were amazing. I also miss Echo too!!!
mgeek
GNDHBK wrote:
I Love LOST I have been watching it since the beginning and I never have gotten bored of the show. I am always guessing what will happen next. I miss Charlie though I LOVED him he was so down to earth and the changes he made before he died were amazing. I also miss Echo too!!!

Continue watching. Echo and Charlie may still come back in a different time.
Enterprise
I love Lost. I've watched it since the beginning. ((spoilers ahead)) My favorite characters change over time. Well Daniel was my favorite, then they went and offed him. Not only is Jeremy Davies a great actor, but his character was easily the most interesting of season 5. My biggest disappointment for season 5 though, was Ben's lack of power. He's much more interesting when he's in control. Still my favorite in general, has been ever since he showed up pretending to be the balloon crash victim when he was captured by the losties. Before he showed up all I had for favorites was Sayid, who is still pretty badass but if they really left his fate in question at the end of the finale, so I need something to happen with this whole time resetting thing or else he may be dead too, then Ben would be basically all I have left. Desmond was cool for a while, but ever since he rejected returning to the island I've more or less forgotten about him, perhaps even before.
mgeek
The most recent series will be premiering next month where I am. So until now, I've been able to see only reruns.
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:
The most recent series will be premiering next month where I am. So until now, I've been able to see only reruns.

Woo-hoo just a few more days and there is a two hour premiere for LOST here.
bigt
mgeek wrote:
I got interested in the TV series LOST towards the end of last season. With the new season, I have made it my resolve not to miss any episode. I find it ironic that a group of people who are lost in an island somewhere (no one knows where it is) would be more lost outside of it. Well at least that is what the "flash-forwards" seem to show.

Is there anyone here who shares my interest for the show?

Yeah, I never really got into this show. Maybe it's the time slot or me just not watching it b/c I didn't want to get hooked into watching another series.
ato784
Quote:
Hell ya, I love LOST.

It is one of the most viewed TV shows in the history and It say millions of users Download LOST episodes weekly when it airs

Currently it is not aired, but it will be back on track ealry next year

To my opinion, it is THE most well written story I've ever watched. All the episodes are interconnected like a well wowen web and most of the times it is unbelievable that a story can be connected that well..

I do agree with the above statement, but for some reason I feel that the writers are just making it up as they go, but i am not so sure now
ato784
I am currently lost in Lost...I don't know what to think about it anymore Crying or Very sad
Rajiev
Heard that the season five is out ?

Did anyone watched season five? Cant wait till I get my hands (well ... My eyes actually ) on the season five :p
Enterprise
Last I checked, all 90ish episodes are on Hulu. If you're behind and need to catch up now is the time to do so! I'm going back and watching from season 1 just for the fun of it while we wait for the final season. It's going to be so intense, have you guys seen the poster for it? So many characters are coming back! I'm psyched. =D
mgeek
Enterprise wrote:
Last I checked, all 90ish episodes are on Hulu. If you're behind and need to catch up now is the time to do so! I'm going back and watching from season 1 just for the fun of it while we wait for the final season. It's going to be so intense, have you guys seen the poster for it? So many characters are coming back! I'm psyched. =D

I can assure you that the new season is really mind-boggling. I'd hate to post spoilers here but if you just keep in mind that

1. the island is a time machine; and
2. the survivors of the plane crash in the past seasons return to the island in 1977 before the massacre of the Dharma initiative

then you'd realize how exciting the episodes would be