FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does fri mean?

spring567
What does fri mean in Frihost.com ?
ocalhoun
Free Reliable Internet (host.com)
Jaan
i thought fri meant free in german? or am i grossly mistaken?

hmm. this smells like a thread for bondings to pull the ol' answer&lock xD
friuser
lol. actually I didn't know moniker of fri(host). They should put that on the front page or at least the title.
RosenCruz
ocalhoun wrote:

i thought it was just a trick..free______>fri.... Shocked
goutha
It's from fried rice. The founder loves fried rice, then he decided to call it FriHost.
mathiaus
We've been through this so many times...

FRIH = Free Reliable Internet Host

pronounced "free" (not german though and most people pronounce it "fry")
Genesiz
Surely if you called it fry, you'd feel an idiot calling the money system fries. A potential Frihost joke:

'Need someone to design an avatar for me, will offer 100 fries for it, McDonalds or KFC, your choice'.

I've always called them Frees, and never really thought they be called anything different. Didn't realise how naive i really am Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ftv_flung
It's just another way of spelling free - Frihost - it also stands out more and stays in your mind. It's good advertising if you ask me. Because you know there's a difference in spelling, you won't make the mistake... and you'll remember it!

It is an awesome host though!! Very Happy
HamsterMan
Well it means free in swedish.
LostOverThere
Genesiz wrote:
Surely if you called it fry, you'd feel an idiot calling the money system fries. A potential Frihost joke:

'Need someone to design an avatar for me, will offer 100 fries for it, McDonalds or KFC, your choice'.

I've always called them Frees, and never really thought they be called anything different. Didn't realise how naive i really am Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Yeah, but buying something with "frees" is just ironic. Razz
Afaceinthematrix
ahhh... I didn't know that it was an acronym for free reliable internet host... i always just figured that the domain "freehost.com" was taken so they purposely changed the spelling of "free."
prithvi
ocalhoun wrote:

Wow, I didn't know that either.

It should be added as a punchline with the logo........definitely suits it! Cool
Genesiz
LostOverThere wrote:
Genesiz wrote:

I've always called them Frees, and never really thought they be called anything different. Didn't realise how naive i really am

Yeah, but buying something with "frees" is just ironic.

Ha ha ha, I never thought of that. That should be Frihost's slogan:

Frihost - buying stuff with frees
sonam
Quote:
Free Reliable Internet

I didn't know that. Always thinking how this name is comming from free... Shocked In that case right name of Frihost is FRIhost Very Happy

Sonam
PatTheGreat42
I usually think of French Frys, actually.
[FuN]goku
mathiaus wrote:
pronounced "free" (not german though and most people pronounce it "fry")

Lol, yeah i can vouch for that. I've always pronounced it as fry-host, personally i think it sounds alot cooler xD.

If i remember correctly, i think a few months, or a year back, there was a thread on here asking how people pronounce it. Whether they pronounce it free or fry.
Aredon
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
ahhh... I didn't know that it was an acronym for free reliable internet host... i always just figured that the domain "freehost.com" was taken so they purposely changed the spelling of "free."
lol that was basicaly my thought on it as well.
mk12327
Wow... this is an interesting topic... I also thought that it was another wording for "free" and that because "freehost.com" has already been taken...

Was wondering... what if we are all right? It could be another wording for "free", "freehost" already taken, and that it is an acronym for "Free Reliable Internet"... What a strategic naming! 0.0

Anyway seems like we are mostly speculating... is there anyone or anywhere we can find the true meaning of the name? Maybe from Bondings himself? =X
crimson_aria
wow, I didn't about 'fri' as Free Reliable Internet too. all this time i thought it's just 'free' shortened. nice one.
Drogarush
HamsterMan wrote:
Well it means free in swedish.

It translates to free in Norwegian as well. Smile
ankitdatashn
Fri sounds as "free" ,i guess and make it a blind shot that freehost.com might have been booked so they decided to purchase frihost.com!! , and owner and mod can better comment if this true coz it appears to be the case in my view...
guissmo
Oh. I didn't know FRI was even an acronym. Cool info.
Rajiev
I thought it is Friday hostin Very Happy d'oh! Liar

Free hosting and free reliable internet is good though :p
Josso
I always thought it was just a fancy way of spelling "free". But the second post finally explains it... I never really thought about it that much Laughing
achowles
There was me thinking that it was just a variation of "free". Learn something new...
DjMilez
I knew it meant Free Reliable Internet... am I like the only one?
mathiaus
DjMilez wrote:
I knew it meant Free Reliable Internet... am I like the only one?

Read my post...and Ocalhound's Rolling Eyes
reiika101
I also thought the fri meant free. But whatever it means, the service is absolutely the best. I can't ask for anything more.
Battle_Off
Maybe I have appauling english, but i pronounced it as free, instead of fry,

so freehost

but

Quote:

is the meaning
mrcool
i thought it is free too....I would like Mr. Bondings explain it further to us...thank you.
sulavaryal
oh i did not know that thanks for the info. Laughing