FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why not Philippines?

katnicolas
If you could only see how beautiful country the Philippines is... There's a lot of area here that was very beautiful. There's so many mountain and beaches. The people here in Philippines are very polite.
spring567
I know Philippines is very beautiful but it is said Philippines is not a safe place .
smasha
Yeah true I'm sure their are safer areas of the Philippines but some are very rough for foreigners. A lot of people doing it tough in that country makes them desperate. Would be awesome to go just maybe not if you want a relaxing holiday.
ptfrances
Yes I can guess that Philippines is a wonderful country to visit. Maybe one day I could go there

Wink
nigam
smasha wrote:
Yeah true I'm sure their are safer areas of the Philippines but some are very rough for foreigners. A lot of people doing it tough in that country makes them desperate. Would be awesome to go just maybe not if you want a relaxing holiday.

I dont know which place or city that you have visited and you have found very rough filipinos. This is the very first time I have heard. Filipinos are born to be hospitable people. We are recognized to be like that. If it happen you will visit here in Cebu, Philippines, I can surely tell you that you will always like to visit here again.
petecnmi
Hi,

I really get disturbed when I see comments that the Philippines is not a safe place for foreigners. I have lived, worked and visited in several countries, ranging from some of the safest such as Finland, to some rather unsafe ones, such as Zimbabwe and Mozambique. I chose the Philippines as my home when I retired 5 years ago from the US. Believe me, this country is a safe place, with wonderful, friendly people. You will, of course find violence if you want. Go to the jungles in Southern Mindanao, and you'll find Muslim insurgents. Visit the secluded mountains in Negros, and you will find Maoist "freedom fighters". Or, visit seedy night clubs in the big cities, and stumble home in a drunken state in the early morning hours. So, why not also check out Central Park in New York City after midnight? You'll find violence and crime in all of these places.

I don't sit in the house with my doors locked. I go out like any normal person. I have never been the target of a crime yet here in Cebu. Oh, let me take that back. When I rented an apartment downtown, somebody cut the copper groundwire for my cable tv connection box outside my apartment...

Come and check out the Philippines!

Pete
nigam
petecnmi wrote:
Hi,

I really get disturbed when I see comments that the Philippines is not a safe place for foreigners. I have lived, worked and visited in several countries, ranging from some of the safest such as Finland, to some rather unsafe ones, such as Zimbabwe and Mozambique. I chose the Philippines as my home when I retired 5 years ago from the US. Believe me, this country is a safe place, with wonderful, friendly people. You will, of course find violence if you want. Go to the jungles in Southern Mindanao, and you'll find Muslim insurgents. Visit the secluded mountains in Negros, and you will find Maoist "freedom fighters". Or, visit seedy night clubs in the big cities, and stumble home in a drunken state in the early morning hours. So, why not also check out Central Park in New York City after midnight? You'll find violence and crime in all of these places.

I don't sit in the house with my doors locked. I go out like any normal person. I have never been the target of a crime yet here in Cebu. Oh, let me take that back. When I rented an apartment downtown, somebody cut the copper groundwire for my cable tv connection box outside my apartment...

Pete

hello pete

thanks for the comments. Cebu is the safe place though there are some minor incidents that happened in the busy streets. I guess everywhere in this world that you can say your home or country is that a safest or you cant find violence and crime at all. anyways, sorry to hear about that copper ground wire of your cable tv connection pete. i think you knew why they have done that. my apologies.
abcxyz1
katnicolas wrote:
If you could only see how beautiful country the Philippines is... There's a lot of area here that was very beautiful. There's so many mountain and beaches. The people here in Philippines are very polite.

Sad But PHILIPPIN has alot of storm Exclamation
keane
Almost all countries in Asia pacific gets devastated by storms.
mrcool
Sad But PHILIPPIN has alot of storm Exclamation[/quote]

storm isn't a scary natural disaster for us. Unfortunately, there are some towns or provinces who are affected by storm but it is very far from the City. It happens in mountain barangays. I pity them each time I saw on the television someone died or someone's missing. Some people suffer floody area.
Tphilakone
I have never been there but i heard my brother said thats a wonderful place
karlo8890
talking about storms, 67% of the whole country will be hit by many storms every year. but, it doesn't include the mindanao island. i know many people think that it is not safe here but here in davao, you will say that mindanao as well as davao is a peaceful place! haha

the mayor here is strict for the rules... but i assure you that everything's fine here.
myocean
i travel most of countries in ap

i would think phil is nicest place to be in, if you have the $$$
guissmo
abcxyz1 wrote:
katnicolas wrote:

Sad But PHILIPPIN has alot of storm Exclamation

We've been learning in Geology that if it wasn't for Philippines' location in the world, its islands wont be as beautiful as they are today. Most of these islands came from "disasters", if you might, volcanoes erupting a long long time ago..., etc. But as you can observe, it's also often passed by typhoons because of its geographical location, and thus the typhoons and stuff.

I really think it is worth it to visit here despite those "natural calamities". Visit here during summer or something. You'd enjoy.
f99123
petecnmi wrote:
Hi,

Pete

Nice place
mgeek
spring567 wrote:
I know Philippines is very beautiful but it is said Philippines is not a safe place .

Wherever you go, there are corners and niches that are not safe. If the Philippines is not so safe, how do you think can we have lots of babies and children? A dangerous place is a place where children get killed in school by their own classmates. That never happens here.
nocturn98
i love the philippines but it's sad to say that the country is going downhill. Filipinos are always warm, friendly and welcoming. Sure its nice to visit and tour it but dont plan on staying there for good. High taxes (which just goes to the pockets of government officials), dirty politics, modus operandis everywhere... But the food is great!
mgeek
nocturn98 wrote:
i love the philippines but it's sad to say that the country is going downhill. Filipinos are always warm, friendly and welcoming. Sure its nice to visit and tour it but dont plan on staying there for good. High taxes (which just goes to the pockets of government officials), dirty politics, modus operandis everywhere... But the food is great!

You've captured the downside of it.
nickfyoung
karlo8890 wrote:
talking about storms, 67% of the whole country will be hit by many storms every year. but, it doesn't include the mindanao island. i know many people think that it is not safe here but here in davao, you will say that mindanao as well as davao is a peaceful place! haha

the mayor here is strict for the rules... but i assure you that everything's fine here.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/264816/news/regions/davao-vice-mayor-duterte-makes-swindler-eat-fake-land-title

There is an interesting story above of how the mayor caught a guy selling fake land titles. He forced him to eat one. The mayor is strict all right.
the-guide
keane wrote:
Almost all countries in Asia pacific gets devastated by storms.

In fact, all countries around the world always face it. Not just for the countries in Asia Pacific.

pythonvnn
spring567 wrote:

Really Rolling Eyes
nickfyoung
[quote="pythonvnn"]
spring567 wrote:

Really Rolling Eyes[/quot

There are some areas in the Philippines that are not safe just as there are areas in most countries that are not safe. There are many cities in the world where you do not want to wonder late at night and some cities in the Philippines are the same.
In some parts of the Philippines there are terrorist groups. It is said that the Bali bombers were hiding in the Philippines. Indonesia is just a short island hop away.
And of course, the Philippines gets its fair share of bad storms which cause flooding and mud slides in some places.
However, I like Davao City on the southern island of Mindinao. It is one of the typhoon free areas of the Philippines and enjoys lovely tropical weather year round. Because of Mt Apo, the highest mountain in the Philippines , sits right behind the city and the city is at the head of a large gulf, Davao Gulf, the storms just seem to go round and leave Davao relatively calm.
The authorities in Davao are recognised as the best in the Philippines and keep the city very safe and Davao is regularly listed in the top 10 most liveable cities in Asia.
So there you go, a rap for Davao city. I like it anyway and am looking forward to living there one day.
zimmer
katnicolas wrote:

I agree... no questions at all.
nguyenvulong
Phillipin is a great country IMO
peaceful and stable politic

Great to travel, especially scarborough lol
menino
I want to visit Philipines as well... especially Borocai. Smile
walsh
Philippines is a still tourist's favorite place ans people want to go here but there are still many problems so that is why tourism industry is not growing here.Security, poverty, accommodation and transport is still a major problem here.So government should eradicate these drawbacks first from the country.Later on definitely people will move towards this land.
johans
Philippines is a nice country specially if you need a time to relax and give your self a normal to luxury lifestyle that depends on your budget... there are many lots of countries which are also beautiful money is important to get in there..
codersfriend
I love it here in the Philippines Smile
busaboss
codersfriend wrote:
I love it here in the Philippines Smile

I also love it here in the Philippines because I'm a Filipino. Even though we face tons of problems here, there is still no place like our own home. Very Happy
albiemer
spring567 wrote:

Philippines is a beautiful Country and it is a safe place which is don't know others"
nickfyoung
albiemer wrote:
spring567 wrote:

Philippines is a beautiful Country and it is a safe place which is don't know others"

There are some areas of the Philippines that could be considered unsafe but you could say that about every country.

Davao City in the south is the safest city in the Philippines regardless of the reputation of the island of Mindinao.

Local government there has worked hard to make the city safe and continues to do so with one of the best police forces in the country.

Davao regularly comes in the top ten most livable cities in Asia.
deanhills
Was just about to untick Philippines on my list of countries to see. Glad to see there is a city that is safe.
nickfyoung
deanhills wrote:
Was just about to untick Philippines on my list of countries to see. Glad to see there is a city that is safe.

Looking forward to retiring there one day along with the thousands of expats who already have. It is just a lovely place.
deanhills
nickfyoung wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Looking forward to retiring there one day along with the thousands of expats who already have. It is just a lovely place.
I've just been reading it up and notice it's a great diving site as well. Definitely got my interest now. Smile
nickfyoung
deanhills wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I've just been reading it up and notice it's a great diving site as well. Definitely got my interest now. Smile

Davao Gulf is the best kept secret diving site in the world. With coral canyons and cliffs and 30 odd Japanese war ships on the bottom.
zimmer
I suggest Mindanao, Philippines is the best area for tourist destination where you can find a lot of undercover area which you can explore a lot.

Many tribes where you can find in Mindanao that are still exist. Fresh air, nice food, nice people..

Mindanao is my schedule for Christmas vacation every year.. Beach in Julo Sulo are the best and many places. Davao is just one area for Cities of vacation but if you want adventure go to camiguin, zamboanga, mati, gensan, cotabato. wow! its just refresh my mind when i type this..

Mindanao here i come again this Christmass
deanhills
zimmer wrote:
Sounds great. Curious though, what would the crime rate be like in Mindanao?
nickfyoung
deanhills wrote:
zimmer wrote:
Sounds great. Curious though, what would the crime rate be like in Mindanao?

There are expats living all over Mindanao who claim that it is safe where they live. The Muslim section can be dangerous for expats because of the kidnap threats.

I like Davao city because it has one of the lowest crime rates in the Philippines. This was brought about largely by the efforts of the Mayor who has become famous for his strict tactics. They even credit many hit man type murders of criminals to him although they have yet to prove it.

Consequently Davao is a safe and comfortable city. Sure, there is crime but the police force are good and keep on top of it.
JustinnSoto
I never thought to go for Philippines but after reading this article I really want to go there. As I saw its tourist places Philippines is really very wonderful, colorful and beautiful place.
ShannonHBC
I'd love to travel to the Philippines one day Smile It seems like a very interesting country.
loveandormoney
spring567 wrote:

What country in the world is more safe?
deanhills
loveandormoney wrote:
spring567 wrote:

The United Arab Emirates and Canada among others.
nickfyoung
loveandormoney wrote:
spring567 wrote:

Some parts of the Philippines are not safe especially the part controlled by the Muslims. They survive by kidnap for ransom etc and it is generally accepted that one stays out of their territory.

However, the majority of the Philippines is safe and I have no problem with going to live there.
loveandormoney
Do Philippine Airlines (PAL) work again?
nickfyoung
loveandormoney wrote:
Do Philippine Airlines (PAL) work again?

Far as I know they do. I flew with them last time.
loveandormoney
1980, there was PAL.
But I was reading, the company was closed.
It is fine, when they fly again now.
Do they use the same colors?
nickfyoung
loveandormoney wrote:
1980, there was PAL.
But I was reading, the company was closed.
It is fine, when they fly again now.
Do they use the same colors?

The colors are the dark blue and red with the yellow sun in between.

Check them out here. http://www1.philippineairlines.com/
zaxacongrejo
because im not looking for sex turism
loveandormoney
Why do people think
Philippines-sextourism
because there for example in Canada: There are cathouses.
kianjhay03
Every Country is NOT safe. But Philippines has a lot to offer! Smile