FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Database Error and Internal Server Error

shkhanal
I'm sorry! I posted this message on friHost Support forum yesterday by mistake and come to know today only for not seeing the response! Please remove that message from there if it was posted on wrong forum.

I'm facing some problem for a few days. I'm getting following error messages time and again.

Quote:
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Moreover,

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@shkhanal.computeroperator.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.howiearned.com Port 80

It is giving a lot of trouble. Please help me. Is there anything I need to do to solve this. I'm too scared after I got my one site hacked.
rvec
we need more info, those messages can mean quite a lot.
shkhanal
Yes, Please, what other info should I present

If following are helpful!

I'm using Joomla 1.5.6 for my psesam.com and howiearned.com and using phpBB for the forum. I'm using the default theme for both of the sites and DarkFantasy for forum.
rvec
did you change anything before you got the error, did you get the error once or over a longer time. Does the error sometimes solve itself or does the site never work.

Is the database connection info right?
Try renaming the .htaccess files in the directories with the problems and everything above that (you may rename them back if it doesn't solve the 500 error)
shkhanal
Quote:
did you change anything before you got the error, did you get the error once or over a longer time. Does the error sometimes solve itself or does the site never work.

Is the database connection info right?
Try renaming the .htaccess files in the directories with the problems and everything above that (you may rename them back if it doesn't solve the 500 error)

I did not make any configuration changes. The error message displays and when I press 'refresh' for many times the site is working again, sometimes its ok when I open after some time. I got the errors yesterday for about 8-10 times in 4 hrs duration, today its only 1 time and now looks smooth.

I hope the database connection info is correct because if it was wrong, site site won't work for even once, but the site is working and error displayed now and then.

I have not modified anything inside .htaccess files other than renaming it from htaccess.txt into .htaccess. I think it should not give trouble if default text in it is OK.
rvec
maybe the database was down for a couple of hours, that might've caused the mysql error message and the internal error might also be because some stuff was restarting or had some errors. Not sure why you'd be the only one with those errors though.