FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any new upcoming games for the PSP

blk3
The PSP seems to be having a big lapse of game releases lately. No good or big profile games came out these past few months, I know FF Dissidia is coming and also the new Star Wars games, but after that what new games can we expect on the portable system?
Kelcey
There's still KH: Birth by Sleep. That's all I can think of at the moment.
Yantaal
oh god, i forgot about the PSP, does it still exist?
QrafTee
Final Fantasy: Dissidia. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Uh... that's about all I can recall on top of my head.
Fake
Smackdown vs Raw is coming too
ovg8
Disgaea 2,Some naruto fighting games, Tales of VS, thats all thats actually interesting.
EximiusNero
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker was announced at E3, don't think they have a release date on it yet though. That's a game I will definitely have to downl...er...buy.....
Starrfoxx
The new FF Disidia looks great. I don't have a PSP, but it's tempting to get one just for that game. Funny how the game has been out for a year already in Japan, and it sold extremely well.
JinTenshi
I guess Dissidia would be good. How about Soulcalibur? And perhaps a Devil May Cry could be anticipated on the PSP too? Haha. I guess the games are stale because games nowadays lack the originality. Given some time perhaps a few good games would come out. Or perhaps it will still be as stale, who knows? =)
amperx
im looking forward to dissidia too, and KH

for a list of upcoming games look up to gaming sites such as gamefaqs, in the psp section xd
Auctus
Yuusha 30, aka Half-Minute Hero has me absolutely rapt. You've got to go watch trailers. Words cannot convey the magnitude of its awesomeness.

GTA Chinatown is also coming out if that's your thing.
QrafTee
Auctus wrote:
Yuusha 30, aka Half-Minute Hero has me absolutely rapt. You've got to go watch trailers. Words cannot convey the magnitude of its awesomeness.

Just a port... so nothing special. It's even being ported to the iPhone so you know it's nothing special.
SunD3R
Well there is Monster Hunter Freedom: Unite. But i've already finished playing the japanese version of that game. Quite a fun and entertaining game to play especially with friends. really recommended!
Auctus
QrafTee wrote:
Auctus wrote:

Just a port... so nothing special. It's even being ported to the iPhone so you know it's nothing special.

How does port mean bad? If they port Gran Turismo to xbox, that wouldn't make it a bad game.
QrafTee
Auctus wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
Auctus wrote:

How does port mean bad? If they port Gran Turismo to xbox, that wouldn't make it a bad game.

If they port Gran Turismo--a 13 year old game--to Xbox as a Classic Arcade... then okay it's not so bad. If they port Gran Turismo as a full game for the Wii, PS3, or 360 for full price without revamping it and adapting the latest game engine into it... then yes it is a bad game.
catscratches
It wouldn't be a bad game, but it'd be incredibly overpriced and not worth the money.
Auctus
QrafTee wrote:
Auctus wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
Auctus wrote:

If they port Gran Turismo--a 13 year old game--to Xbox as a Classic Arcade... then okay it's not so bad. If they port Gran Turismo as a full game for the Wii, PS3, or 360 for full price without revamping it and adapting the latest game engine into it... then yes it is a bad game.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? I was using Gran Turismo 5 as an example. You argued that ports by their very nature are not good games. Let me restate my point: Gran Turismo 5 on the Xbox 360 would not all of a sudden become a bad game. I'll be less specific: take your favorite game, make a 1:1 port of it for the console of your choice, and you will not think that it is a bad game. What's so hard to understand about that?
QrafTee
Auctus wrote:
Are you being intentionally obtuse? I was using Gran Turismo 5 as an example. You argued that ports by their very nature are not good games. Let me restate my point: Gran Turismo 5 on the Xbox 360 would not all of a sudden become a bad game. I'll be less specific: take your favorite game, make a 1:1 port of it for the console of your choice, and you will not think that it is a bad game. What's so hard to understand about that?

Are you being intentionally dumb? No, I mean like just dumb; I don't mean thick-headed, slow, or "special." You said Gran Turismo, I thought it was obvious that you were talking about Gran Turismo. That's like me saying, "If they ported Final Fantasy to Xbox 360 it would still be a great game." I would think--obviously--that you're talking about Final Fantasy I, not II, III, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Crisis Core, Dissidia, XIII, XIV, etc.

If you're going to port an NDS game to the PSP and not bother to use a superior engine--like with GTA: LCS, then it's just a port there is nothing special about it. Not only to add salt to the wound, they're porting it to the iPhone which is inferior--some developers may disagree--with all these pick up and play/flash-based games, then c'mon... That's like marketing Rolling Thunder (NES) for the PS3 as a good game by today's standards.
Auctus
The further graphics advance, the less they matter. GTA:CW is a fun game, because it has fun gameplay. Adding specular lighting and normal mapping isn't going to make it any more fun.
enygmasoft
Is as psp good times go there are quite a few good games availble for the psp such as god of war castlevanicm final fantasyn vii crisis core .