FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Keanetix - my portfolio and blog

keane
Whew! At last, my site is finally up! It was a pain coding in CSS, but it was a great learning experience. I found out some bugs and had to recode the layout ground up. Anyway, please visit my blog and portfolio site called Keanetix. Please leave your comments and suggestions. Thanks!

Keanetix
http://keanetix.co.cc
bjwok
very nice design champ. personally i think your portfolio section is a little on the thin side...

i too am redesigning my site entirely using CSS and have found a whole bunch of issues concerning opacities and onhover. funny thing is my entire site is finished, i am now going back through it and re-coding to suit IE7! firefox and safari are fine.

the link below goes to my old site, so don't click it yet!
katnicolas
very thin side dw keane..

Nice Site btw!
speeDemon
Damn good!

how did you make it!

9999/10!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 stars man!
keane
bjwok wrote:
very nice design champ. personally i think your portfolio section is a little on the thin side...

Yeah, I know. I'll try to fill it up with some more designs... Most of my old website layout designs were anime themed, so I didn't put them in my folio.

Quote:
i too am redesigning my site entirely using CSS and have found a whole bunch of issues concerning opacities and onhover. funny thing is my entire site is finished, i am now going back through it and re-coding to suit IE7! firefox and safari are fine.

Well then, good luck! Cross-browser compatibility issues will surely be a headache. I recoded my current layout three times. Phew!

The photo of the pizza on your site makes me hungry hahaha! Razz
milk
I love the nav menu; although I think the site's too graphic-intensive. But that's just me; the 'layers' you made look great together. How long did it take?
keane
milk wrote:
I love the nav menu; although I think the site's too graphic-intensive. But that's just me; the 'layers' you made look great together. How long did it take?

The design itself, in Photoshop, took me about 2 days of working and slacking. Lolz...
fadirocks
keane wrote:
milk wrote:

The design itself, in Photoshop, took me about 2 days of working and slacking. Lolz...

it's very nice Smile

about 800kB is little big

so i tried if i can cut on some kB i found out that if you save as PNG8 adaptive 256 colors with alpha transparency with 100% dither i got cut down from 470 to 160

check if you can see visible difference because my LCD screen is not that good Sad

bjwok
i can't spot the difference myself. and the reduction in file size is gonna make loading a lot faster for those suckers still on dial up. (are there any?)
keane
I can spot the difference on the edges of the image. The drop shadow's quality is bad. Anyways, let me try putting it on the background and see if it will still be like that...
keane
fadirocks wrote:
keane wrote:
milk wrote:

it's very nice Smile

about 800kB is little big

so i tried if i can cut on some kB i found out that if you save as PNG8 adaptive 256 colors with alpha transparency with 100% dither i got cut down from 470 to 160

check if you can see visible difference because my LCD screen is not that good Sad

I tried saving on PNG8 adaptive 256 colors with transparency and fiddled around with the settings in Photoshop, but I can't get the result like yours.
fadirocks
I used my good old Macromedia (now adone) Fireworks 8
photoshop is excellent at creation but i found fireworks does good job on encoding images Smile
also the patch process on fireworks is way easier too

forgot to use proper matte!! oops

ok try these 2 files
one i tried transparent matte and the other tried close to the background color to hide any changes
banner.zip - 0.30MB

not sure if dither 100% useful or making things worse hmm
keane
fadirocks wrote:
I used my good old Macromedia (now adone) Fireworks 8
photoshop is excellent at creation but i found fireworks does good job on encoding images Smile
also the patch process on fireworks is way easier too

forgot to use proper matte!! oops

ok try these 2 files
one i tried transparent matte and the other tried close to the background color to hide any changes
banner.zip - 0.30MB

not sure if dither 100% useful or making things worse hmm

It work's well on my background. Thanks a lot!
amperx
really nice layout dude, and i see pesos
keane
amperx wrote:
really nice layout dude, and i see pesos

Thanks! Yeah, those are old peso coins. LOL