FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

0x00000050 Error Infinite Loop

Freezon
Hey guys.

Recently my sister had informed me her PC is unoperable and crashing. I've went to her apartment looking at it and it seems it's a STOP error but it's constant and won't allow getting to the "welcome" screen, won't allow booting at all, won't allow safe mode, and even when I tried to re-install Windows it won't allow it.

I tried restarting the PC, putting the XP Home Installer Disc into the drive and booting from CDROM. It gets to the part where it detects partitions then I get the exact same STOP error: 0x00000050. (Otherwise known as Blue Screen of Death)

I read this is a result of some kind of memory loss and could be a problem with hardware... drivers, or RAM. However she informed me that there has been no hardware she installed and it just happened randomly one day when she restarted the PC.

I've searched and found this topic which is almost exactly identical to what I'm facing: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/862556.htm

The PC is a Compaq Presario SR1820NX.

Specs for the PC can be viewed here.

Rundown:

On boot, computer gets to Windows screen (with bars, loading screen) and crashes to STOP blue screen, and reboots auto. Loops infinite. Safe Mode and reinstalling I cannot get to work. Same happens.

I can get more info as needed so please reply with any helpful info. I will give some Frih to those willing to help.

Regards,
Freezon
ocalhoun
Freezon wrote:
It gets to the part where it detects partitions then I get the...error

Check the integrity of your partitions with 3rd party software?

Other than that, you have the classic windows solution: format and reinstall.
Freezon
ocalhoun wrote:
Freezon wrote:
It gets to the part where it detects partitions then I get the...error

Check the integrity of your partitions with 3rd party software?

Other than that, you have the classic windows solution: format and reinstall.

Thanks for the suggestion, however since I cannot run any 3rd party software I am unable to do so. I cannot boot into Windows. As well, during format of the partition (during re-install of Windows XP) the 0x00000050 STOP message (Blue Screen of Death) is displayed and the computer rebooted instantly.

Error: 0x00000050 STOP PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Screen of exact error can be viewed here. Sorry for quality, taken with older digital cam.

Any other help or suggestions appreciated.
AftershockVibe
By 3rd party software I assume he means something like Partition Magic or similar software you can boot from a cd.

I've never used any of these - I'd find a Linux live cd and do it that way.
Freezon
AftershockVibe wrote:
By 3rd party software I assume he means something like Partition Magic or similar software you can boot from a cd.

Thanks for the advice. Can I get this software and then boot from the CD and examine or even format the hard drive? I know you said you have never used it but anyone else?

Thanks.
ocalhoun
Freezon wrote:
AftershockVibe wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Can I get this software and then boot from the CD and examine or even format the hard drive? I know you said you have never used it but anyone else?

Thanks.

What I would use, specifically, would be the Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD). It has all kinds of good utilities on a bootable CD (and you can download it for free, or order a CD for cheap).