FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What little mascot to buy

nisibdv
My doughter is asking me to buy her a little mascot. We live in a small apartment and we use to make short two-days travels in which I dont intend to carry with the little animal. I wont buy a dog because it is not good to let them alone, neither it is good to let them in the house of some friend, it can be a problem. So I need advise to buy a mascot that can be left alone for a weekend inside the apartment without any care. Not fishes because you can not touch it.

What do you recommend me?
ocalhoun
A cat?
nisibdv
Can I live a cat three days alone in my house and find it alive and my house in order when I return?
psycosquirrel
Yup.

Maybe a house bunny?
ocalhoun
nisibdv wrote:
Can I live a cat three days alone in my house and find it alive and my house in order when I return?

Just get it big food and water bowls (or automatically dispensing ones) and an extra large litter box, and a cat will do as well as it does any time. (If it doesn't tear stuff up while you're there, it won't tear stuff up while you're gone.)
nisibdv
I am in problems, my wife dont want a cat in the house. A cobayo or hamster maybe? dont know what about letting them alone.
ArkansasFan02
nisibdv wrote:

Yea, you can. My uncle is a pilot and he said that whenever he leaves to fly somewhere, her leaves his cat plenty of food and water, and whenever he comes back, the cat is always happy to c him.

PLZ, plz tell me if this helps.

~ArkansasFan02
ArkansasFan02
nisibdv wrote:
I am in problems, my wife dont want a cat in the house. A cobayo or hamster maybe? dont know what about letting them alone.

Well, I hav a hamster,a nd they arn't good to be left alone, so... A guinea pig??? I hear the are soft, gentle too. Another thing you should consider is how old your daughter is.
standready
Pending on your daughter's age. Why not just try a "stuffed" animal. No food or water required. No mess either unless something tears it up.
scallywag
I'm with standready, get her a stuffed animal. Pets needs to be cared for, and even if you can get away with leaving them for 3 days, it doesn't mean you should. I don't recommend hamsters as pets for most children, having had several myself growing up. They must be handled regularly, and always with adult supervision, or they can become very nippy. Also, because of their small size, they can meet all sorts of tragic fates. Cats are very social creatures, it will be lonely and sad by itself. Unless you are going to get 2 cats, so they can keep each other company, it is probably not a good idea. Same thing with guinea pigs, they are herd creatures, and don't usually like being by themselves. Think of how bored you would be if you had to sit in a little cage all by yourself with nothing to do for 3 days...
jwellsy
A turtle may be a good solution.
misioooo
Yeah, turtle should last for a weekend without much food.
Also maybe a Hamster? I used to have one. Often i just put many apple pieces, carrot etc to its cage and went for 2-3 days. Hamster survived... Until he decided to escape :/
deanhills
Why does it have to be a live mascot? How about a stuffed cute owl for example?

I can't imagine any live animal being cooped up in an apartment at all. Even cats need some attention over weekends.