FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to make money with domains?

nisibdv
Is it rentable to buy domains and then to wait that someone asks you to buy your well sounding domain? Do sonmeone do that in a rentable way? Do someone with little capital and some good domains to make something profitable? Whom should I bought the domains to make this profitable?

Thank you for any valuable information on this topic.
smasha
Buy good sounding domains at godaddy.com

Park them at sedo.com

Then try and sell them.

I've bought about 40 this year.

Good Luck
mtorregiani
If you don't make use of your domain, no one will ever offer you a single penny for it. But, if you develop it (make a site, blog, app, etc.), you can list it for sale and wait for a buyer, depending on the quality, you'll make good profit.
dude_xyx
If those domain names are Typos or old domain names with traffic the you can use a domain parking site like Sedo or Namedrive. Also you can auction them or find a end user for them. You can put a mini site or develop your own too.
smasha
mtorregiani wrote:
If you don't make use of your domain, no one will ever offer you a single penny for it. But, if you develop it (make a site, blog, app, etc.), you can list it for sale and wait for a buyer, depending on the quality, you'll make good profit.

Thats not exactly true, if you think of a great name people will pay loads for just the name. Check out domain name auctions for proof.
win66
Buy a decent domain and sell it.
dude_xyx
smasha wrote:
mtorregiani wrote:

Thats not exactly true, if you think of a great name people will pay loads for just the name. Check out domain name auctions for proof.

People would pay loads if those are premium domains. But to buy them you have to pay loads too. this is not something for a newbie in this domain selling/Buying field.
shkhanal
I hope the domain name with some page rank and considerable traffic would be more valuable than just purchased and listed on sedo.

Moreover, is it that easy to sell domain names on sedo? How long will it take for your one domain name to be sold from there?
jiangshan
I have selled some better domains,and make a few profite.but I waste many time and vigors on it.although the it is very profitable I do not addvice you participate this trade.I will be quit when I sell all the domains I have now ,totally 18 .cn domains.