FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PostNuke?

Bashur
I was searching around the Intraweb today and I noticed something called "postNUKE". I went further into the rabbit hole and found it to be rather...nice? Nice...now that isn't the word to describe it *thinks* ah yes! The word to describe it would be, convenient. It has everything you need if you don't want to get down tot he nitty gritty of coding.

Anyways...I was curious, does Frihost allow me to put PostNUKE on my webpage? If so, that's great. I was also wondering if there are other alternatives to PostNUKE that I should know about? Anything better out there?

Thanks,
Bashur
n0obie4life
Yes. We do allow anything that is LEGAL.
Bashur
...of course it's legal. I'm saying you have to have a few things in order for PostNUKE to work, that's what I was asking about.

I wasn't asking if it would be against the rules to put a PostNUKE fram on my page.
n0obie4life
It is allowed on FRIHost. All you need is your brain and a SQL database Wink.
Bashur
n0obie4life wrote:
It is allowed on FRIHost. All you need is your brain and a SQL database Wink.

SQL database, exactly, that's what I was making sure of. I knew it would be "Allowed", I just wasn't sure if it could physicaly ( In code... ) be done with this host or not.
n0obie4life
Sure. In cpanel it states, 0 / Unlimited SQL database. Just create 1 or 2. Don't go overboard and create a million Razz.
Bashur
Crap, one million was my goal. I don't know what I'm going to do now...ACK! I guess I'll just move on.

*snicker*

Thanks for the info man.
Dragonfly
Bashur wrote:
Crap, one million was my goal. I don't know what I'm going to do now...ACK! I guess I'll just move on.

*snicker*

Thanks for the info man.

Its very easy to install postnuke but make sure you get the latest version with almost bug free, otherwise you need to patch up all over again if you just install from Cpanel using Fantastico. Visit their website at www.postnuke.com unlike phpnuke postnuke allows you to remove the copyright at the footer but don't remove header source code. Also you just need 1 MySQL database to install postnuke...

All the best.
tidruG
There are loads of other CMS too... Once your hosting request is accepted (which it will be pretty soon since your posts are good), check out all the available options under Fantastico in your cPanel...
Bashur
Alright, thanks guys. I also have another question...

What exactly is the difference between PHPNuke, and PostNuke? The coding, or what?
n0obie4life
The coding.
namduyledung
yes.I think !