FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Usain Bolt arrives in JA

Isabell2003
Thousands of Jamaicans braved heavy rain Monday to give triple Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt a rapturous welcome home.
Fans lined roads leading from the Norman Manley International airport to the heart of New Kingston to cheer Bolt, who electrified the Beijing Games with his 100m-200m sprint double and 4x100m relay triumph - all in world record times.
tony
Bolt is amazing! Super, super-fast!
wellerchap
yep, the bloke fully deserves it; he was fantastic at the Olympics.
How often does it rain over there? I always get the impression it's very sunny for long periods, then the odd storm, then sunny again....has the place ever seen snow?
jabce85
yeah, he was incredible.. i think people will rethink their concepts of what sprinter body types should be.....
fx-trading-education
jabce85 wrote:
yeah, he was incredible.. i think people will rethink their concepts of what sprinter body types should be.....

Yes I think "incredible" is the correct word.
Looks a bit too easy for my taste, not as easy as when Florence Griffith Joyner was runing several meters in front ot others, but still.
Just let's hope it is not for the same reason as Florence Griffith Joyner and that Usain will live longer.
jmaninc68
that dude is nuts...at the end of all of this races for the last like 10m he was jogging and still destroying everyone
truespeed
fx-trading-education wrote:
jabce85 wrote:

Yes I think "incredible" is the correct word.
Looks a bit too easy for my taste, not as easy as when Florence Griffith Joyner was runing several meters in front ot others, but still.
Just let's hope it is not for the same reason as Florence Griffith Joyner and that Usain will live longer.

I am surprised the Athletics board still allow her 100 meters record to stand,as it has since been proven she was taking steroids during her career,and the mark of 10.49 seconds she set in 1988 was so far and away ahead of anybody,then,and even now,and considering the advances in diet and training since then,you would think someone would of got close had it been a legitimate time.

I doubt anyone will ever beat that time.

Even Marion Jones didn't beat her record,and we all know she was taking drugs,i guess Florence Griffith Joyner just took more or better drugs,in a time when drugs cheats could get away with more than they can now.

I think Bolts times are genuine,hes unusual for a sprinter in that hes tall,Carl Lewis was tall at 6ft 2,but Bolt is even taller at 6ft 5,in the main, most sprinters have been stocky,power runners,so add Bolts natural speed to his length of stride and its easy to believe that his performances are the real thing.
ptfrances
Yes his performance in Beijing was incredible.
Jamaican people can be proud of him

Smile
airh3ad
Yes im really really surprised! the Athletics performance in Beijing of jamaica atlethes , like you said its incridible its true. they show to the world that jamaican people can beat others country. Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt is a fastest man for me now he show to the world and we witness that event in olympic im sure Bolt will never run for the states i mean usa. And neither will Fraser, having just won the women's 100m. Nor will the Jamaicans who came joint second. COngrats to jamaincan people and to usain bolt very good performance.
what happend when the people of jamaica see usain bolt ? what was there reaction?
fx-trading-education
truespeed wrote:
I think Bolts times are genuine,hes unusual for a sprinter in that hes tall,Carl Lewis was tall at 6ft 2,but Bolt is even taller at 6ft 5,in the main, most sprinters have been stocky,power runners,so add Bolts natural speed to his length of stride and its easy to believe that his performances are the real thing.

I don't really see how the fact of being really tall can be seen as an advantage or as something making performance more likely. As you said the usual top runners are not very tall and if the fact to be tall would be an advantage we would have much taller people in sprint (it's quite easy to find tall people but usually they are not very fast). So I would rather say that Bolt is running fast despite the disadvantage of his size...
wellerchap
the BBC commentary team were making the point that tall people are at this disadvantage as they've further to go to get upright & into a good sprinting position...Bolt seems to hang on right at the start but blows the rest away once he gets into his stride & his longer legs take over.
The record will be broken, that's what they're there for, but I've always wondered how fast the record will become....there must be a point, eg. 5 seconds! - that'll just forever be impossible to hit.
Zach25
Why do they call him bolt? =P

No seroiusly, he makes Flash look like the slowpoke
truespeed
fx-trading-education wrote:
truespeed wrote:

I don't really see how the fact of being really tall can be seen as an advantage or as something making performance more likely. As you said the usual top runners are not very tall and if the fact to be tall would be an advantage we would have much taller people in sprint (it's quite easy to find tall people but usually they are not very fast). So I would rather say that Bolt is running fast despite the disadvantage of his size...

Thats what makes Bolt the exception to the rule,sprinters are usually muscular pocket power houses,the fact that someone so tall can generate such speed in such a short race is unusual,but the fact that he can,and the fact that he has such a long stride pattern,gives him that advantage,as for every one of his strides,he is traveling further than every one else for every one of their strides.
SHARPBALL
Bold , incredible the way hey runs.

And its an entertainer as wel great sportsman, hope to see more of them.

Cong. Jamica
distantship
I have a friend who is from Jamaica, he is not only very physically fit, good at all types of sports, but also has a very strong and sharp mind. I must admit that I quite envy of him myself. He could be anything he puts his mind to, he knows all about sports and yet very academic. He achieves so much in his study but he chose to drop out college...but I am not worried about him, I always trust his judgment to make the best out of his life, that's most important.
hamza1122
Usain Bolt is my favourite athlete at the moment. Kind of suits him as his last name is Bolt. Ironic.