FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

No sound on a Dell Dimension 4500S

Bashur
Just like the title says, I was curious as to where I could find my Audio drivers. The Dell site itself is ungodly horrible, and the "Legacy Audio Drivers" I'm looking for are mostly labled "Modem" drivers...and that's not what I need. Can anyone help me out here?
CCR
The only drivers dell supports for that modle are located right here http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_4500S&os=WW1&osl=EN#
2nd option down says audio and you pic witch setup you have out of the 2 options. I do not see what was so difficult about that unless you are lookign for a driver that was not relased by dell casue all there drivers for that cpu is located at that link. And honestly was nto that hard to find.
Bashur
Weird...not the drivers I need. Thanks for finding the link for me though, appriciate it.
Neus
you sure your card isnt the http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&releaseid=R46202&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_4500S&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2430&devlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=2&formatcnt=1&fileid=54115 off that list in his link? i did a search of what your computer usually comes with and it just said "integrated audio" ... which means its gonna be near imposssible for drivers except from dell..
progman89
go to Device Manager to find the specs on your graphics card (My Computer properties > hardware) and Google your card name and "+driver OR +drivers +download"
Bashur
Still no sound, I'm completly boggled.
Simulator
I know your problem, its a Dell, Rolling Eyes
Why do you wan't them what make are they
And don't say to install them, what did you do, format everything or something?
progman89
Is your sound cord plugged into the right slots on the computer and the speakers? Is the volume not muted? Confused I don't know what could be wrong
Summer
Maybe u can do a search in Dell's website .
Neus
Summer wrote:
Maybe u can do a search in Dell's website .

uhm.. thats kinda what we were all doing Wink but the site can be either really helpful, or give you nothing of what you want at all... all depends on luck Wink and your model Wink

anyways, i was talking to him and i belive his sound is back up...
yjwong
Can you hear system sounds? If yes, its your driver files are missing. Download AC97 sound driver...
donj
Download this file: it is specialy for the Dell Dim4500S.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R46202.EXE

If you also have Harman Kardon High End speakers, download this to:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/Ehtmlv14.zip
adam
My mate hade that problem ...

he said it was becuase they didnt install the software for it. send thema email and tell them an they wil send you the software
picsite
If you've just recently got the dell you should have the a tech support plan with it. I know they just gave me a free 6 month plan when i got my dell. Just call them up and tell them that you need ------- drivers and you can't seem to find the ones that they gave if, if they even did. They should be able to email you some new ones or even mail you them.
Garg
picsite wrote:
If you've just recently got the dell you should have the a tech support plan with it. I know they just gave me a free 6 month plan when i got my dell. Just call them up and tell them that you need ------- drivers and you can't seem to find the ones that they gave if, if they even did. They should be able to email you some new ones or even mail you them.

I think the free help desk is the only reason i would buy a DELL. I got one when i was a teen, and i just picked up the phone everytime i had a problem, and it was fixed in the hour Wink

Plus, they know what can go wrong with their machines.
MonkeyWrench
i think its best if u try to search for it using search engines, but i only know about graphics drivers and not sound cards.
ronzo
click start, control panel,amin tools,services turn on windows audio service
if its off .... if running turn off service restart computer then go back to sevices and turn it back on windows hick-up on the sound sevices maybe

good luck