FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

are they professionals?

ciureanuc
Hi C,
Last night had a call for pack shots for a company, because it is so urgent and they need it in print form on Wednesday I want to refuse them, but if there is a way that you could do the finish work in Photoshop, I am sure that together we could meet the deadline.
Let me know what you charge per hour or for the whole job. I am not sure how many items I have to photograph, they said there are many. How can I give the photos all at once to you, you work on them and give them back the same way.
I have a site Picasa where I can put them and give you the password. I send some now and you see if it works.

Picasa??? Are this people professionals?
You have a photography job and you use PICASA to transfer pictures?
ciureanuc
I also hate the "companies" who have e-mail addresses ended in yahoo.com or hotmail.com or other public (and FREE) e-mail.
If you think that you are so... why are you using yahoo for your company.
A damn host is couple of pounds a month and you can have your own domain, your own site and true professional e-mail addresses.

I am using yahoo... but I am not a company!
You know, when I apply to a job and see the end of the e-mail address, I'm thinking: "is this a real company or just a scam?" or "Do they worth my time to apply?"
spring567
You just reply ' Give me money first'
ah
An1vad
Yes, demand 50% upfront!! Make sure you've given them terms & conditions of what the upfront deposit entails & time frame for how & what will be completed. List exactly what is required by them (pics & in what format etc...)

Doing freelance work is tough enough without having to be ripped off by companies seeing you as an easy target.

Good luck & be strong.
Tadtoad
One thing I learnt from the freelancing business (web developing) is ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for a percentage upfront. Ranging from 25% to 50%, NEVER less than 25%! You have to get enough money from the person without doing anything yet, so the person will stick to you like a fly to a cows ass until he gets what he wants...and that is a good thing for you (at first). Getting the rest of the mony is another story.

But plain and simple...if you don't trust him, get as much money as you can from him upfront. If he says no, then forget him. It's better to be broke and have no work than to work your ass off and not get paid.
Chinmoy
first make a background check on the company. It is one thin to make sure you dont get into trouble..