FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Job vs. Career

Are you holding a job or a career?
Job
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Career
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
I don't know
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

mk12327
I am quite sure there is a difference between these 2 terms, despite the fact that most people use these 2 terms interchangeably. Here's some extract from Dictionary.com:
Quote:
Job: a post of employment; full-time or part-time position

Quote:
Career: a person's progress or general course of action through life or through a phase of life, as in some profession or undertaking

To start things off, I'll begin with my personal interpretation of the 2 terms... In my opinion, "job" represents something you work for to earn a living. Usually, you do not really like doing what you do at your employment, but need the salary for your expenses. "Career" on the other hand, represents something you have passion in, maybe something you'll want to do even if you are not paid. There are also more likely to be a progression in a career, as in you know the step up the corporate ladder you'll be going, as long as you have the capabilities.

You might think otherwise, so why not share your thoughts?
Flarkis
Personally, i think "career" is the broad area of work that you are in while as "job" is the specific area that you are working in.

Example: Someone could have a career in mathematics but as for their actual job, they could be a mathematician, a math teacher, etc.

Again just my personal opinion Wink Cool
pashmina
[quote="Flarkis"]Personally, i think "career" is the broad area of work that you are in while as "job" is the specific area that you are working in.

Example: Someone could have a career in mathematics but as for their actual job, they could be a mathematician, a math teacher, etc.

Again just my personal opinion Wink Cool[/quote
I agree with you.
Job could just be some ordinary part time job or anything that pays. But career is to taken in much broader term, as it represents the work you would like to do or persuade in your life..