FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My new site - A link Exchange system

Zackster
I have just finished uploading my new site. It is a type of link exchange system that I have tried my best to keep it free and simple and very serach engine friendly, Google likes links that way.Very Happy

http://ilink-xchange.co.cc

It is still very new so there are a few bugs but you shouldn't notice them or see they at all and the links in exchange are few but it's a start... And I should mention that I personally review each site to ensure that they are quality sites.

Please give me your suggestions and comments.
Magicman
Your site is very clean and simple and actually looks pretty good. I also like the concept behind it. Your system will be a lot more effectively proven once you have more than one link on there. One little thing I did notice is that the section for the message on the contact page is rather small. I suggest using a textarea instead of a one line text box.
Zackster
Thanks alot!!! Very Happy

I actually didn't notice that but I have improved it to a textarea and thanks again! I saw I also have already been spidered by google.

-----------------------------Log snippet--------------------------------------------------------
IP:66.249.72.144
Date:7 September, 2008, 8:59 am
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)
-----------------------------Log snippet--------------------------------------------------------

Any one want to join?
leontius
I believe you need to add a few more sites on your own, because the current data of 1 website is not going to appeal everybody to join. How do you test the system that it actually works? Also your method of including PHP code is so exotic. I think not all servers allow execution of remote PHP. It's not secure at all... if your website is hacked, the hacker can potentially ruin everyone including that PHP code.
Zackster
I will be honest you do have a point and there is a javascript version, but I have tried my best to keep the system hacker resistant.... I used to be a white hat hacker so I used some methods that should work I hope... Honestly no web site is hacker proof!
flyfamilyguy
Very clean, very nice; I like that it's free! I almost applied, but I am frihosted at the moment, so I didn't think that you would accept my site.
I like it overall!
Zackster
Thanks for the great reviews! And fly send your link. The rule of the link exchange is that i won't accept sites that are of low quality. Do you think that i was too strict? What do you think i should change?

And thanks for all the comments all even critizium.
flyfamilyguy
Zackster wrote:
Thanks for the great reviews! And fly send your link. The rule of the link exchange is that i won't accept sites that are of low quality. Do you think that i was too strict? What do you think i should change?

And thanks for all the comments all even critizium.

You are very welcome! And.,well what link do you want, the url to my site? No prob! I'm still working on it every day, and I'm sure that it will continue to evolve, but it works. (some of the links are not active yet but hopefully will be soon)

You are much more experienced than myself, with all the php/java involved with your site. Impressive.
Zackster
I wouldn't say im that experienced, im stil just seeing what works and what doesn't work. I wil be very honest with you my scripts are simple and thats for a reason too... Once i was modifing a proxy script that i found on the net and my modifications were long and complex... Lol and when i got the first bug i couldn't find it at all so yes im just like everyone else.

Enough about the past. Yes please your site URL is whats in mind, but please remember to add the php code, the javascript one i would personally avoid because search engines don't really read it properly so it wont help anyone and proxies and some users disable javascript
sketteksalfa
i dont like the javascript either. i wont exchange link for that. thanks anyway.
flyfamilyguy
sketteksalfa wrote:
i dont like the javascript either. i wont exchange link for that. thanks anyway.

I thought that the link was only temporary; that we could remove it after a time.
flyfamilyguy
I wish to apologize to everyone involved in this thread, including the OP, Zackster.
After some thought, and a short test run of the link, I've concluded that you are not doing things right, zackster.
You are offering free link exchange in return for posting your link in our pages, but the link is not just to music files, and your link exchange site, it is to several other sites that I could not have known about unless I pasted your code first; sites that I may not be agreeable to. One of them being free web hosting. You are using frihost to advertise another free hosting site man! I'm sorry, but thats just wrong! In short, I want to be in control of what I link to, because MY web presence is on the line, and important to me.
I said earlier that I was impressed with your website, and that still holds true. If you should decide to eventually pull that knife out of Bondings' back, and show some gratitude, then my friend, I would be happy to entertain the idea of giving YOU some support.
Zackster
This is how my link exchange system works. And for the record my site isn't frihosted, I just really love the frihost forum.

And I'm adding a report function to the link exchange to report websites that you feel aren't up to sctratch. After all my site is still a work in progress.
imagefree
leontius wrote:
I believe you need to add a few more sites on your own, because the current data of 1 website is not going to appeal everybody to join. How do you test the system that it actually works? Also your method of including PHP code is so exotic. I think not all servers allow execution of remote PHP. It's not secure at all... if your website is hacked, the hacker can potentially ruin everyone including that PHP code.

its not execution. Its just inclusion of static contents (by static i mean HTML/XHTML).

However there is a big security risk for the webmaster and the person who gets the file contents.

The person who uses the php link is at the risk because the link may produce javascript to redirect (or some similar problems),

The webmaster of such system is at risk because such feature of php file inclusion makes the site prominent in the eyes of hacker (as it will give the hacker power to control a lot of sites if he succeeds hacking just one site).
Diablosblizz
Very simple, clean and to the point. Nothing flashy, although some images wouldn't hurt. Like somebody said before, you should add some more links, and I personally think you should add Frihost.

I think you next step would to buy a domain, then get this out to people then to add a theme. Overall, if you get this going I think you'd do very well.

Good luck.
Zackster
Well I have given the site some new color and tried to make it standards compliant... well that's a work in progress...

I also added a security images to try and reduce spam... The site was spammed so badly that I couldn't add anymore link or even find them.

Also cheak out the free script I wrote to generate fake email addresses to flood spammer email lists.

I'm also thinking about pulling the php version of the link exchange cause it seams to scare some webmasters. What do you all think?

enjoy Very Happy
Flakky
It's only filling a small portion of my screen which I don't really like. Also the header could be uploaded on a higher quality.
Ghost Rider103
Thanks for sharing the website, I added my website to your directory.

Not too bad of a looking website, but could definitely use some graphic work done to it to make it look more modern.

Good luck with your website.
JessieF
Like everyone has said, it is a clean, neat, and simply website. However, I don't even know where or what I am submitting my information into. I don't feel safe giving you my information.
rockkornman
well i just wanna say good work Smile
Zackster
I wrote the script myself because I couldn't find the type of script I was looking for.
PM me and maybe I can code something for you.

And thanks for all the comments. Smile
sandypawn
JS doesn't work on ur site..overall neat work
frih
Well, you site has lots of potential to do well. just add some cool graphics.

And use some good font and try add some dynamic graphics.