FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cheapest Domain Registration..!!

nivinjoy
Hi friends i wish to register a domain www.nivinjoy.com for my site hosted here at Frihost..!! But now i am in a confusion which domain service to select with...!!

I need the domain for the cheapest rate..!! I have shortlisted some sites..!! So i want you friends to mention the best out of them...!!!

www.namecheap.com This is which Frihost uses..!! $9.29 per year

www.domainrightnow.com $7.49

www.domainsite.com $7.88

Now you guys tell me which one to select and which provides the best service...??
manumiglani
Use Name.com with following coupon - http://www.name.com/Pricing_Changes.html
LostOverThere
GoDaddy have .com domains from $6.95 with the coupon OYH3. Or, at the moment I believe GoDaddy have a special on for domains for $1.99 (com, net, org) though I'm not sure if there's some sort of evil catch. Razz
dude_xyx
Yeah Godaddy is the cheapest. You can always register domain names for around 6-7 usd there with coupon codes. Like LostOverThere now there is this 1.99 .com name promo. But you can buy only one domain per account for that price.
LostOverThere
dude_xyx wrote:
But you can buy only one domain per account for that price.

That's not nearly as evil as I was expecting it to be...
jsfdan
OH wow, thanks for the promos Very Happy
the-guide
LostOverThere wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:
But you can buy only one domain per account for that price.

That's not nearly as evil as I was expecting it to be...

I've registered two domains from Godaddy and spent $1.99 for one but that's for first year only after that I have to spend at normal price $9.99, however, not bad for me, satisfyingly. Very Happy
nivinjoy
Are there any coupon codes available with you guys for any other sites so that i can make it much cheaper...!!

Where can i get coupon codes..??
Ghost Rider103
Using some type of coupon code isn't going to make it much cheaper. Probably only $3 MAX. You'll be extremely lucky to find one with that big of a discount in my opinion.

But honestly, were talking about a couple dollar different between services. Is saving that $1.50 actually going to make a difference in your life? Probably not. You can probably go find that $8 that it cost to register a domain in change in your car.

All the aside, I would go with GoDaddy.com or Yahoo.com because they are two or the larger domain company's, and if anything shall go wrong, they can be sure to fix it, and even refund your money if necessary. Other small company's will probably have a hard time refunding your money if necessary, and customer service probably won't be as good.

Hope this help!
Alton_gary
try godaddy that had them 2 domains for 10 USD a few days ago.
dude_xyx
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

But honestly, were talking about a couple dollar different between services. Is saving that $1.50 actually going to make a difference in your life? Probably not. You can probably go find that $8 that it cost to register a domain in change in your car.

If makes a difference if you are a domainer. Coz usually you would be renewing around 100 domains every month. I think Godaddy is the place where you get cheapest domains.
dude_xyx
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

If makes a difference if you are a domainer. Coz usually you would be renewing around 100 domains every month. I think Godaddy is the place where you get cheapest domains.
dude_xyx
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

coollateral
nivinjoy wrote:
Are there any coupon codes available with you guys for any other sites so that i can make it much cheaper...!!

Where can i get coupon codes..??

yep i want to same things. i dont trust many website so i cant buy domain. help me how can i buy domain?
jomar
hi experts, i'm just a newbie and i wish to have my domain too. i've search some and i landed @ www.justhost.com. does anyone here knows about this web host and what can you say about this site? is it reliable?
Aggtown
i use 1and1

domains are fairly cheap (less than $7.00) and so is hosting ($3.99/month and up)

also, the overall process seems more customer-friendly than godaddy. it's not so overwhelming.
plus, with the affiliate program you earn commissions up to $300.

i've made $15 so far and didn't even do a thing!
ortie10
How about free my sites are with http://www.co.cc/ if you don't mind that as your domain then there you go. I've been with them for about three months. My work site http://www.frls.co.cc and my Play site http://www.blitzbrewjo.co.cc and thanks to frihost they are up and running, most of the time hehe. Very Happy
jomar
thanks Aggtown for the info, i'll try that one.
Aggtown
jomar wrote:
thanks Aggtown for the info, i'll try that one.

if you're looking to buy a .biz domain, i think 1and1 has a 3.99/year promotion going.

i like 1and1 cuz they have deals on everything all the time. that and i like seeing money credited back to my credit card without me doing anything. you get $2.50 commission per domain bought from your affiliate site and about $300 if someone orders a server hosting package.

btw, if you're looking to order, and you read some * print (fine print) and it says something like "Minimum 2 year contract" ignore it. the guy at 1and1 told me you can cancel with no penalty.
As far as the "3.99 for first year" banner, the price may go up after a year, but you could just cancel and reorder the domain during a promotion if you didn't want to shell out a few more bucks.

i havnt had any major issues with 1and1 but they get "pre-authorization" charge happy if you buy a lot of domains on the same day (they put a $6-per-purchase hold on your credit card).

the actual billing doesnt even occur on the day of your purchase. it takes place in "cycles."
jomar
thanks again for the additional info/testimony
jomar
Hi again,

after posting my last reply, i tried to googled 1and1 website to read more about it. but the first thing read is that, 1and1 sucks! (sorry for the word if this is a violation in this forum). click here for your reference, i've read all the testimony there and it gave me a bad impression about 1and1. although im still considering it a little bit since the testimonies happened last may 2006. they may changed for good since then Smile. you can read it and give your opinion about it.
Aggtown
jomar wrote:
Hi again,

after posting my last reply, i tried to googled 1and1 website to read more about it. but the first thing read is that, 1and1 sucks! (sorry for the word if this is a violation in this forum). click here for your reference, i've read all the testimony there and it gave me a bad impression about 1and1. although im still considering it a little bit since the testimonies happened last may 2006. they may changed for good since then Smile. you can read it and give your opinion about it.

after reading over that post you linked, i think the person discussing their problem was using excessive bandwidth. 1and1 limits your monthly "traffic" and if you exceed that, you must upgrade to a higher package. To see what I'm talking about, go here.

if you look down the in "Monthly Transfer Volume" part, you'll see what i'm talking about. 1and1 has over 20 million customers so they have to be strict on bandwidth. personally, i've never had the issue that person had, and i've had my hosting package for about a year. the only time 1and1 ever blocks or disables websites is if 1) you post copyright/trademarked content without permission, 2) you exceed your monthly traffic volume, or 3) you fail to pay your bill. And even if you don't pay your bill, i think they give you a week to do so before they disable your websites.

if you really think about it, you probably won't exceed the monthly traffic of the package you buy. now if you have over 20,000 visitors a month the small packages probably won't do. i have the home package but i don't necessarily have to use it for "personal" websites. i use it for business use, and it works just fine as far as features and bandwidth goes. And even if you do need extra bandwidth or features, the next upgrade is only $5.00 a month more. if you really want the big stuff, or you have 100,000+ visitors a month, you will have to get a server package.

i think 1and1 has improved their customer-friendliness since 2006. in fact, i recall that's when they started lowering prices and adding features. they especially had to that since they compete with other big companies like GoDaddy. oh, by the way, "sucks" is not a forum violation. it's not even a bad word. i'm assuming you're young? Very Happy

if you still don't feel comfortable using 1and1 as a host, you could just buy domains from them and use Freehostia as the host (yes, 1and1 allows you to use your own host). I use them for one of my websites that i accidentally ordered in a separate 1and1 package.

good luck. hope you find what you need.
Aggtown
btw, 1and1 has a 50% sale going on hosting packages and .biz domains.
agulto
try yahoo small biz they only charge $1.99 for your first year its up to you on what you do after that time period but 1 year is a lot of time to earn some revenue for your site then maybe you could just do a domain transfer to some cheaper host after the promotion period since yahoo starts charging you more than other domain registration providers after the first year.
jomar
hi everybody,

i've been so busy this past few days and wasn't able to visit this forum for a while. anyway, thank you so much for the enlightenment and good testimony. i'm not against any webhosters out there Smile i just want to gather more inputs from the expert as i have to start my new career in this kind of business. to all expert out there, thank you so much Smile wish me luck buddies Smile
loyal
nivinjoy wrote:
Hi friends i wish to register a domain www.nivinjoy.com for my site hosted here at Frihost..!! But now i am in a confusion which domain service to select with...!!

I need the domain for the cheapest rate..!! I have shortlisted some sites..!! So i want you friends to mention the best out of them...!!!

www.namecheap.com This is which Frihost uses..!! $9.29 per year

www.domainrightnow.com $7.49

www.domainsite.com $7.88

Now you guys tell me which one to select and which provides the best service...??

Peace.

Whatever you choose, go to www.retailmenot.com for some discount codes. I personally would advise namecheap, as they are reliable, have a good reputation, and are cheap (and cheaper if you get a coupon from the link I just gave you). Less than ten dollars for a year is a good deal.

Good luck.
babygeek
I like namecheap too!

when I registered some domains a few years back (just for fun! ;P), I did it with godaddy but later hated their confusing ads-ridden panel and lots of advertising emails to my email addr. customer service gave me standard (pls go away like) answers when I asked them repeatedly why they charged and sent me with auto-renew bills for various email addresses that were supposed to come free (but which I was told later, that they were only free for 1st year) ...basically, i am not a complete technical idiot but godaddy's site is very confusing for somebody not so familiar with domain / hosting stuffs...

This time, I did my research by reading as much as I could about different domain sellers...

finally, decided to pay a bit more for namecheap for a few domains I liked (you can find coupons...do a google search for the latest ones)...godaddy's coupons are much better though especially for .com ones (making it about half of namecheap's). I registered some domain names (w/o any add on! hopefully, this time, I got it right!) with godaddy; basically those that I liked but not sure, if i am gonna do anything about them in the near future. but to be honest, I am still holding my breath on godaddy's customer service. I hope it wont cause so much problem when it comes to me setting up the domains I registered with them..and/or when transferring out...

as for namecheap, I have nothing but praises...I have sent a few newbie queries to namecheap so far and am very impressed with the speed and the no-nonsense (to the point) emails that they have sent. their responses are faster than mine...lol...

just to let you all know, I am fairly new at this...after being out of the tech world for some years...so my apologies in advance, if my posts sound a bit off track, k? and nope, I do not know anybody from any of these companies...or get any kind of benefit from them...so pls do your own research too...but when I was searching for good and reliable ones, I wish more folks had mentioned namecheap (despite the cheapo sounding name...lol)...so as to save me quite a bit of efforts and time...Wink
Scribe
dude_xyx wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

How Cheap?

April 14, 2009
GoDaddy Sued for Cybersquatting for Parked Domain Names--uBid v. GoDaddy

By Eric Goldman

uBid, Inc. v. GoDaddy Group, Inc., 1:09-cv-02123 (N.D. Ill. complaint filed April 6, 2009)

Domain name parking programs have generated some lawsuits, including the Vulcan Golf v. Google lawsuit (plus several "me-too" lawsuits following in its footsteps) and the recent Philbrick v. eNom decision. Here, uBid (the online auction site) goes after GoDaddy for its parked domain name program when the domain names include a uBid trademark. In a mild surprise, uBid only claims an Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act violation; it does not claim trademark infringement or the various junky unfair competition claims that often accompany a trademark claim. Maybe those claims are coming in an amended complaint. I'm also interested in the fact that uBid only sued GoDaddy and not the other providers of domain name parking services (of which I believe there are many)--what did GoDaddy do (or not do) to deserve special attention?

Tom O'Toole handicaps uBid's ACPA claim and raises some questions about the lawsuit.

From my perspective, I remain baffled by lawsuits over domain name parking programs and other programs to associate domain names with ads. First, although I understand that it's mostly a fight over cash, these lawsuits have always struck me as a manifestation of domain name exceptionalism in that the law treats domain names as having magical search powers compared to other keywords. If displaying ads triggered by the uBid marks in the domain name is so bothersome to uBid, shouldn't it also be chasing advertisers who buy its trademark for ad triggered at the search engines?

Second, as I explain my Deregulating Relevancy article, there has been a longstanding battle between domain name registries, domain name registrars, toolbar providers, computer manufacturers and others to control the ad inventory of inactive domain names. Even if GoDaddy "turns off" its parking program, others may try to fill the void and monetize the exact same domain names. As a result, I'm still not clear exactly what uBid hopes to accomplish with this lawsuit (other than to take some cash out of GoDaddy's pocket if it wins).
snowboardalliance
I'm considering 1&1 for my first actual domain name because they have free private registration, so I don't have to get spam via WHOIS. Kind of don't want my phone number/address being publicly available so easily.

I was thinking about using their hosting, but I don't really need it as Frihost meets my needs.
loyal
snowboardalliance wrote:
I'm considering 1&1 for my first actual domain name because they have free private registration, so I don't have to get spam via WHOIS. Kind of don't want my phone number/address being publicly available so easily.

I was thinking about using their hosting, but I don't really need it as Frihost meets my needs.

Your information via whois should be protected if you also buy whois guard as well.
snowboardalliance
loyal wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:

Your information via whois should be protected if you also buy whois guard as well.

Yeah I'm just saying, they offer it for free and have cheap domain names. GoDaddy charges something like $9 extra, which is like the price of another domain name.
Aggtown
i bought a domain from 1&1 for $6.99 (actually less because i got $2.50 back in commission since i bought it from my own affiliate link, which they encourage lol) and sold it on Sedo for $70 about two months later.

i wish i could do that more often...and if only i could sell my domains for thousands. Wink
yuvan4
each domain names has its own value
codersfriend
Thanks.. I'm thinking between domainrightnow and namecheap.. but the whoisguard looks interesting Smile