FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Coheed & Cambria

FourShade
Yay Coheed!! <3

Anyways, Coheed & Cambria is an American alternative/progressive rock band. Shabûtie was their original name in 1995, but changed to Coheed & Cambria in 2001 when Nate Kelly, their original drummer, left the band. They didn't release their first studio abum until 2002, named The Second Stage Turbine Blade. Since then, Coheed has released a total of four studio albums:

The Second Stage Turbine Blade
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume Two: No World for Tommorow (Commonly Refered to as "No World for Tommorow".)

The albums all follow a comic book story, called The Amory Wars, written by the vocalist of Coheed & Cambria, Claudio Sanchez, featuring two characters known as Coheed and Cambria.

The band currently consists of Claudio Sanchez (Lead Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards, Synth), Travis Stever (Guitars, Lap Steel, Vocals), Michael Todd (Bass, Vocals), and Chris Pennie (Percussion, Drums).

Their single "Welcome Home" from the album Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness was featured in the video game Rock Band. "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood & Burial)", a single from the same album, was also featured in the game as Downloadable Content.

Most of this information is found from the Wikipedia Article on them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coheed#Coheed....282001-2006.29

They also have an Official Site and MySpace page linked to from the above page.

Song Examples (All Singles, Excluding Delirium Trigger, Video in Link):
"Welcome Home" from Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness.
"Delirium Trigger" from The Second Stage Turbine Blade.
"The Running Free" from Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV Volume Two: No World for Tommorow.
"A Favor House Atlantic" from In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3.

This is my currently favorite band, and "The Crowing" is my currently favorite song. =P
snowboardalliance
I've really been into this band for a while now (probably my current favorite, though that changes frequently). I really like that the whole discography is a story. Have you read the story on cobaltandcalcium.com? I didn't know the story until I looked there, it's very useful.

Anyway, I really like the first 2 albums the best. Coheed and Cambria has a unique style (especially Claudio's vocals) and I really like it.

Oh but one thing that bothers me is the people who know only of Welcome Home because of rock band...but that's a different point (rock band).
FourShade
Hah, I feel your pain about the Rock Band thing. XD

And I'm glad to see some Coheed fans around. ^__^ I love their style, and the whole story thing is amazing. I haven't looked it up on cobaltandcalcium.com yet, but I looked on Wikipedia and talked to my brother about it... I know what most of the songs are about. =P Especially the first album.
Insanity
They played at our school for a festival and I thought they sounded pretty good live.