FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Art Forum/ Webpage

ShadowmasterX
I am trying to make a flash website about The Arts (expect the forums). Do you have any tips I should do? Like, the design, or free flash templates?

Thanks
ShadowmasterX
GB
well, first of all, I wouldn't do the whole thing in flash. Flash is a very powerful program, but it has some drawbacks that I'm sure you've heard mention of. It might be better to do some things in flash, but other things (like navigation and template design) would better be left to HTML/CSS.

As far as other tips, it is really hard to know about the design before you even have any content. I've said it before, but Content is king. This is the reason your website exists, why people will visit your website. The design's primary function is clarifying the content. Once you begin creating that content, build your design around a hierarchy of that content. You'll find that images seem to suggest themselves when you already have your content in place.

Good luck with your website, I hope it goes well for you.
Bengt
As said above, use the advantages of both CSS/XHTML and Flash, and that way it will turn out for the best i think Smile