FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Names

Jack_Hammer
I was wondering if there is anyway to get any free domain redirection, I found a couple by searching on google but they will advertise on your website, any help would be appretiated.

BTW I would also be intrested if there were any recent genuine competitions for web domains?
Bondings
Jack_Hammer wrote:
I was wondering if there is anyway to get any free domain redirection, I found a couple by searching on google but they will advertise on your website, any help would be appretiated.

BTW I would also be intrested if there were any recent genuine competitions for web domains?

If you want a real domain name, then it's always better to buy one yourself. They are quite cheap. (8$)

Even if someone would register a domain for you, there would be a catch. And after one year it will be up to you to renew (=pay) for it.

You can get a short free subsomain from http://freedns.afraid.org/ if you want.
alwi_frih
For several years I use CJB.NET subdomain, its a well known free subdomain and sometimes banned from membership in some websites due to those brainless spammers.

With CJB.NET subdomain, you can get no ads service either by paying for no ads or by redirecting the subdomain to your own IP or NS-Server in your webhosting service. I have been using the second option and very much satisfied with the service.

You have to login to their Member-Panel within each 90 days to keep your account active.

Good Luck Wink
TheSun
chk it out

www.c-o.in and www.dot.tk
cafein
if you have one and more to sell or give om me pls Embarassed
golles
I use www.dot.tk
It goes to a page where the user has 2 options
-1 goto my home page (will break away the dot TK frame so no nasty pop-up or adverts)
-2 don't visit my site returns to www.frihost.com (also breaks away the dot TK frame)
if I wouldn't use this then I see continue my dot TK address in the address bar I don't want that, I don't want a other person/company having control of my site.

just a tip Wink

[edit]This can be simply done by using target="_top" into the a href[/edit]
Fortinbras
http://www.freedomain.co.nr/ is also very nice. I have used it before and it is seemless (no pausing on their site first) and they only ask that you place a linkback on your main page. There is even an option that will prevent your browser (ie at least) from seeing where they are, only showing the xxxxxxx.co.nr in the url, no mattter where they surf to on your site. I have not known them to go down, and they don't seem to spam you for joining.
Jack_Hammer
Fortinbras wrote:
http://www.freedomain.co.nr/ is also very nice. I have used it before and it is seemless (no pausing on their site first) and they only ask that you place a linkback on your main page. There is even an option that will prevent your browser (ie at least) from seeing where they are, only showing the xxxxxxx.co.nr in the url, no mattter where they surf to on your site. I have not known them to go down, and they don't seem to spam you for joining.

Thankyou I will definatly consider it.
Smile
haoys
do buy a domain yourself.

the most important thing of your site is the domain name .
uknowgary
I recommend www.dot.tk. You can get www.yourdomain_name.tk. Good. But they do not let you control DNS. So what? They provide a frame redirection. But free is good. I get myself some good domain name.
My signature: what I post reflect my thinking and knowledge. Sometimes, it may be wrong. So I am not responsible for what I posted. If my thinking is correct and it benefits you. Just PM me to thank me. My website is www.msu.edu/~avss. Feel free to visit my organization. These is no limit for the bandwidth for my website. You can visit it at anytime. But please dont hack it coz I'll kill you. (I just got my black belt in karate last week).
Modulator
I have tried dot.tk before and was not satisfied with their service. I was not aware of freedomain.co.nr I will be definitely trying that service
saiyeek
Hey,
I am using ccTLD ( Country code top level domain). It is free in our country and in other countries I think it is very much cheap than real TLD. ccTLD are nice to hear and use. They don't give ads and for me it works perfectly fine.
budazz
dot.tk is now putting a banner on the top... Confused
4f
I see some on FWS
you can get one for free
while you have to put his ads in return Exclamation
LostOverThere
I would recommened Free Domaine.
They give you a free .com domain in extange for a little advertising, and you must have 3000 guest per month.

http://www.free-domaine.net/en/