FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Download Manager

Which Is Best Download Manager?
Flashget
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Free Download Manager
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Download Accelarator Plus (DAP)
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Internet Download Manager (IDM)
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Bit Torrent
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

bhaskarbmca
Hey which is the best download manager currently available, I am using Free Download Manager and I think its great, it can download from Rapidshare, Depositfiles etc, and the best part is its FREE.
swizzy
I think Free Download Manager is absolutely brilliant, but how do I download from Rapishare, MegaUpload??? Rolling Eyes Confused
Diablosblizz
You need to have a premium account to download from a download manager. You can't just type in the download link for RapidShare and allow it to download. So, unless you have a premium account you can't.
tsuvik
Internet download manager is the best. It can be used to download anything from the webpages. There is also a site grabber used to view the website offline. And the speed is also awesome
silverdown
What is the point of download managers besides the ability to resume downloads? I all depends on what the other party bandwidth allows or there host allows. I tried one onces and all they managers are good for are resuming downloads. It's kinda just like FTP program, that is why I don't use them. If you think about it there useless.
bernardnapoleon
then it was DAP now IDM!!
though it still doesn't work on all downloads.
Mcfr0st
i voted for flashget

the plugin for firefox is nice Very Happy
fadirocks
Down Them All is a killer Very Happy I use it so much also has MD5 support Very Happy
Free Download Manager is phasing out on me but used to use tons too because i liked the mirroring option
BitTorrent is my preferred way to get the ISO images for linux releases I feel more secure with the hashing technology that my ISO is 100% good Very Happy also I feel I'm doing something positive when i seed such files as little support for the linux community Smile
bigt
fadirocks wrote:
Down Them All is a killer Very Happy I use it so much also has MD5 support Very Happy
Free Download Manager is phasing out on me but used to use tons too because i liked the mirroring option
BitTorrent is my preferred way to get the ISO images for linux releases I feel more secure with the hashing technology that my ISO is 100% good Very Happy also I feel I'm doing something positive when i seed such files as little support for the linux community Smile

I pretty much use the same programs. But, haven't tried Down Them All. I'm going to check it out right now.
b4r4t
In most of cases I just use build in Firefox 3 Download Mannager.
For verry large files I use Flashget ...

But the last item on list .... bit torrent is download mannager? It's torrent network - file sharing network/protocol ... and You use applications like utorrent or azureus to download from this network ...
thedinh
I think IDM it the best download software. Laughing
with IDM you can auto download flv video file Rolling Eyes etc
firefox-cafe
i voted for IDM .. i tried them all and IDM is simple and best for all and you can download FLVs and you can limit the transfer speed simply.. Wink
snowynight
Here we use xunlei to download, which can download emule, bittorrent, and all other normal files.
flashget is also a choice, however, all such programmes includes something related to advertisments.
chartcentral
Can't really say best, but I voted for Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) just because it's the one I use and I'm quite satisfied by it. But hearing what you have to say about other download managers, I might just give a try to those applications mentioned... And I might just switch, too! Smile
bulek
I voted for Flashget, but I hardly say that it's the best.
xcloudy
I voted for Flashget, I've been using it for years.
sulavaryal
i would vote for internet download manager
msfuture
I voted for utorrent because i got the fastest speed with it
abhishek_2410
i voted 4 free download manager mainly bcoz of these reasons:-

1.its free
2.its adware free
3.its download speed is good
4.it is an all in one solution ,that is it is a dwld mangr+bittorrent dwlder+website copier+flash video downloader+uploader.
5.a portable version can b created which can be used with flash drives as a mobile dwld manager.
6.it takes up very low system resources.
fadirocks
abhishek_2410 wrote:
i voted 4 free download manager mainly bcoz of these reasons:-

1.its free
2.its adware free
3.its download speed is good
4.it is an all in one solution ,that is it is a dwld mangr+bittorrent dwlder+website copier+flash video downloader+uploader.
5.a portable version can b created which can be used with flash drives as a mobile dwld manager.
6.it takes up very low system resources.

7. video preview (cool)
8. md5, crc,...etc integrity check support
9. batch downloader
10. website folder spider
11. multi speed and connections support
12. download scheduler
13. login support for FTP folders
14. there are tons more stuff that some i didn't even use yet
Indyan
I am using Orbit a lot these days.
clanllst
were can i get the best download software