FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you like PS1 game???

ducmanh86
i have love PS1 game and now i can play it on PC. Some games that i love are final fantasy 8, 9, breath of fire 4, fugoku... if you want to play on PC, can use EPSXE software to emulate.
Horizon
PS1 does have pretty unique games that other systems don't. Although I'm not too fond of the PS1, I still like it enough to play it.

One of the only games I still play from it is Medievil 1 and 2 (Yes, they spelt medieval wrong on purpose). The graphics aren't that great (considering it's from PS1) but the gameplay is still fun.
amperx
i love ps1 too, i play some games that has been released on it, though getting isos for playing other games, i might as well play it on the psp, but great for reminiscing old game, like breath of fire for example and other rpgs
Vladalf
I played a lot of Playstation 1 games, I like especially: Hercules Action Game, Rollcage, Tekken 3, Akuji, etc. All the classics.
-Vladalf
milk
Many PS1 games prove that games can be great without great graphics. I loved Einhander, Final Fantasy 7, and anything Crash Bandicoot.
sebbe44
Love to the PSOne! I still picks out my old Ps1 an play alittle on rainy days. I love all of it!
favourit games, Everything Crash Bandicoot (Of Course), Spider-Man(Don't ask me why) and maybe Harvest Moon: Back too Nature...
filesharing
when I was younger I liked to play my old games on the PSEmulator, but today i cant see this awful graphics...
miacps
The first Playstation did have some great games. Spyro 2, the Final Fantasys, Grandia.. they had some of the best RPGs and some pretty good platformers too.
b4r4t
I had PSX ... I played FF VII, VIII, IX ... everything when those games was something new ... I'm happy that my age gave mi this opportunity (that means that when PSX and FFVII camed out I had proper age to play and understand this game...).
More ... Gran Turismo 1&2 , Tekken, Abe's Oddysee/Exodus and lot lot more!
Now I have PS2 and I can play more games.
The worst thing is that I doesn't have time for this ... on PC I'm learning (Webmastering or Photoshop or just Engineering stuff like SolidWorks), and the rest of time ... Job, Girlfriend .. and there is not much time to play ... but hey - after long break the game taste even better Smile
NubCakeNL
I really liked the PS1 Games, but there's only one game i really liked... Metal Gear Solid!
I still love the MGS series, thats why i got MGS2-MGS3-MGS4!
rshackelford
I like PS 1 games, I still play them on my PS2. The Final Fantasy games are excellent, Metal Gear Solid games are always fun to play too. And my favorite games Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross I have played at least a dozen times.
b4r4t
rshackelford wrote:
Chrono Trigger

I play this on my mobile (6120) using SNES emulator Smile Excelent game!
enygmasoft
b4r4t wrote:
rshackelford wrote:
Chrono Trigger

I play this on my mobile (6120) using SNES emulator Smile Excelent game!

I loved chrono cross, the sequel to chrono trigger which also came out on the ps1
Starrfoxx
I've got some PS1 games. Which is the best emulator out there, and how fast does it run? I have a 3 gig Athlon XP dual core, 8600gt Nvidia card, and 2 gigs of ram. I'm thinking that should be fast enough. My PS2 is slowly dying, and some games can't be read anymore on it. So if I can get some of these old games to work on my PC, that'll be sweet.
b4r4t
best is ePSXe and even budget PC nowdays can give You over 60FPS Smile
David_Pardy
StarrFoxx, I was running epsxe on a computer with slightly lower specs than yours - you won't have any trouble at all!
ddukki
Ah, the PSOne. I still play it on occasion for FFIX and Chrono Cross. It's collecting dust in my closet as of now, though. I tried the PS emulators on the PC for a bit a couple years ago, but my hardware specs are pretty lousy. Set up with the BIOS and drivers was a pain, too. Maybe, if I can find the right stuff online, I'll give it another go.
Starrfoxx
Can any CD/DVD drive read the PS1 discs, or do you need some special software adapter or something?

How is PS2 emulation coming along? My real PS2 is dying. It can't read the blue discs (not Blu-ray) anymore, unless I open it up and adjust the laser (and then I can't play the other games).
b4r4t
PS1 Black discs are normal CDS and can be read by any PC CD/DVD-Rom Smile

And about PS2 emulation ... well, there is something called PCSX2 (http://www.pcsx2.net/), but if Your PC isn't a Monster then You won't be able to play any game comfortable Smile Lot of games have BUGS, graphic problems etc.
I think that maybe 3-4 years and PS2 emulator will be good Smile

I'm a happy owner of working PS2 in well condition Smile
blk3
I really enjoyed playing my PS1, back in the days, it had some really classic games for it, like the Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear solid etc. Too many nice games to mention. they even say it was the system that popularized the RPG genre outside Japan thru its release of Final fantasy VII.
Whong
Tekken 3 was one of my favourite PS1 games and of course Crash Bandicoot. Very Happy
Faraz
I still play Smackdown 2.
ddukki
Starrfoxx wrote:
Can any CD/DVD drive read the PS1 discs, or do you need some special software adapter or something?

How is PS2 emulation coming along? My real PS2 is dying. It can't read the blue discs (not Blu-ray) anymore, unless I open it up and adjust the laser (and then I can't play the other games).
Yes it can. There are a bunch of files on the CD, but the files are sadly proprietary that can't be read ... unless you have the system files for the PSOne ... like an emulator would have ...
Sanity
I still have all my PS1 Games, about 50 i don't play anymore now that i have a PS3 there is no use for it.. Thinking about the ps1 is making me want to start FF7 lol.
JinTenshi
PS1 have some classic games that I won't ever forget playing haha. memorable times when i was younger. like Jedi Power Battles ( I just love co-op ). Winning Eleven, Ridge Racer, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, some other RPG, Time Crisis, etc. Really neat until I got the PS2 and computer. ;D
filesharing
funny playing 2-player games with an keyboard Very Happy i played for example "Tekken 3" with my brother on a computer, took a while until we could do some cool moves ^^
Starrfoxx
I got the PS1 emulator working on my computer, and it works great. The PS2 emulator works, but not as great as the PS1.
miacps
One game I remembered recently: Ape Escape. If you guys have never played this game, it's one of the BEST platformers of all time! Excellent game, excellent gameplay, great music; it's an all around must have for anyone with a PS1 and a dual shock controller! The graphics aren't too shabby either. Wink
abcxyz1
Ps1, i think best is RESIDENT EVIL, i play this game in PS1 and PC Razz
dark_nation
I enjoy all kinds of old school games - NES, SNES, PC-DOS - and PS1 games. FFVII, Castlevania: SOTN, Tomb Raiders I and II, Hot Shots Golf 1 & 2 (I LOVE Hot Shots Golf, regardless of platform), Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil (the first)...good times.
Kelcey
PS1 is my favorite console of all time. SNES comes in at a VERY close second. Then every other system is far off in the distance.