FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP Port

keane
I'm trying to connect to my account using FTP but I can't login. I tried using port 21 for FTP but it won't let me in, it says:

Code:
Protocol error: Unknown protocol identifier (0x50 0x50 0x48). Most likely connected to the wrong port.
Connection to server closed.

I'm using FileZilla by the way. Any help?
Diablosblizz
Try using a different FTP client. Port 21 is correct and the only other option would be that your ISP blocked that port.

You could try a online site for FTP such as Net2FTP. A simple Google search will find you the site. Good luck.
Skye001
I dont know if this might work but have you tried using SFTP? also check your firewall / router settings to make sure the port is open
rajupp
i have always used filezilla to connect to frihost and it has woeked like a charm. Most probably your ISP has blocked the access to the port or the port is being used in your computer itself
keane
I got if figured out. FileZilla wont work for me, I had to use AceFTP instead and it's working now. Smile
takashiro
CuteFTP is recommanded to have a try! I'm using it now. However, it's said that FlashFXP is even faster. Having been used to CuteFTP, I am not going to use FlashFXP instead of CuteFTP now.