FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to make a good delicious fried rice?

elephant03
I think I know some ingredients. Add two amounts of eggs. Put vegetable oil on a pan for about a minute than break the eggs and put it in the pan. Cut 3 to 4 pieces of carrots and broccollis. Cook them in a hot water and leave them for about 10 to 15 minutes. Have your rice ready to be fried in a pan. Also, remember to chop some spinaches before you actually make the fry rice. Now after you have done all this activities, first put rice on the pan and stir it a little bit and then second put the amplet in the rice and stir that around. Third, put the carrots in with the broccollis and mix them all together. Make sure you stir it hard or else it isn't going to look like a actual fried rice. Follow all these rules to make a great delicous meal for the evening time.
Insanity
I tend to like my fried rice better when it's made with soy sauce. If you just fry it, it doesn't taste as good to me. Nor will it have the nice brown colors you would normally associate with fried rice.
nigam
hmmm...this thread makes me hungry...when i had my tour in Hongkong, I have tried their fried rice. I think that was best taste of fried rice I had ever. That food chain store has plenty ingredients namely egg,ham,garlic,different soysauce,onion,shrimp and with squid balls to name a few. For me, you try your own mix or unique ingredients and im pretty sure, you will love it and proud of it because you are the one who made it....good luck!
standready
Now I am Hungry so I think I will have a hamburger and chips. LOL!
mathiaus
Vegetables Question

Fried rice should have broken bits of egg in it. Nothing else, especially not vegetables!
Liu
Insanity wrote:
I tend to like my fried rice better when it's made with soy sauce. If you just fry it, it doesn't taste as good to me. Nor will it have the nice brown colors you would normally associate with fried rice.

I find that most wannabe Chinese food fried rice is brown, authentic is more lighter and much more tastier.
goutha
I like to go on www.5min.com and see dozens and dozens of food preparation videos.

I like this one for fried rice : http://www.5min.com/Video/Fried-rice-and-tom-yum-kung-1289

The video was made in the street of Thailand.

It's one among several videos to make fried rice.
ptfrances
Yhank you for the advices
Wink
Nameless
mathiaus wrote:
Vegetables Question

Fried rice should have broken bits of egg in it. Nothing else, especially not vegetables!

OBJECTION!

Fried rice going by the literal meaning shouldn't even have egg in it. If you're willing to add egg, then adding a small amount of vegetables and other ingredients (I liked diced chicken) will only add a bit more interest to the meal.
nilsmo
I like non-fried rice a lot, actually. It's very simple, and it doesn't have any weird taste elements like other food. It's just like pasta: it is just good food. Fried rice sounds unnecessary for such a delicious ingredient.
psycosquirrel
When I make fried rice, I start the day before by making steamed rice in the microwave. I make it, then fluff it to make sure the grains stay separated.

I refrigerate it overnight, in a container with holes to prevent condensation, and therefore, sticky rice.

I also will cook some sort of meat, usually chicken or shrimp, for dinner. The next day, I use the leftovers in the rice.

I remove the rice from the fridge the next day. I fry up some eggs in my wok, then precook carrots and peas. I remove each ingredient once it is precooked.

I use a small amount of canola oil each time to prevent sticking to the pan. Once the crunchy veggies are precooked, I throw in the rice and brown it initially without soy sauce. When the rice has some color, I add soy, seasonall, salt, and pepper to taste. I add eggs next, then the carrots, peas, and any other veggies I had to precook. I mix them thoroughly. Finally, I add green onions, bean sprouts, and any other vegetables that are better fresh. I also throw any meat I might want.

Continue to stir it all in the wok, add a bit more soy, and cook to the desired amount of crispiness.

Delicious.