FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mozilla Vs Google CHrome

cyberbuddy
well google has entered in web browser also.i have used google Chrome and i have concluded these things

1)Looks good especially when u see your history web pages it it comes in thumbnails

2)Pop Up blocker i think its better than Mozilla

3)It doesn't have and adds on software which is a demerit .

4)Memory Management i think it takes less system resources

Please have an ideal discussion about this

thank u
jackill
Yep, but look one thread below. There's another Google chrome topic Wink
Fake
Google Chrome=Privacy alert!!

I'm gonna stick with firefox, even though i have installed it on my system
silverdown
There are a lot of great browsers out there, I am a loyal Mozilla Firefox user. I am still stuck in 2.0 because I do not like the new version that much since they do not have my favorite add ons updated yet. I tried and dislike Google Chrome. It's not that it's a bad browser to me it's just not a browser I would enjoy using on a regular basis like Firefox.
Studio Madcrow
The WebKit engine used by Chrome is quite good (and uses fewer resources than Gecko, the engine used by the Mozilla browsers), but Mozilla's stuff is certainly more stable than Chrome at the moment. In six months, or so, Chrome may well be the better browser, but at the moment, it's still Firefox for the win.
Agent ME
Firefox has add-ons like Adblock Plus. Things like that won't ever be supported by Google Chrome - Google lives off of its web advertisements.
biljap
Once I got used to Firefox, Ill never want to change it! Im used to its add-ons, I have a lot of them and I cant work without them. I like all the other possibilities I have with Firefox, skins I can choose, everything.

I would be worried about privacy while using Chrome Google is taking too much data from users already. Confused

But who knows, maybe one day if it becomes customizable enough I could give it a try Ive tried to use IE at first, than Opera which is very customizable and safe (at least Ive heard it so) but Firefox won, I uninstalled new Opera and returned to Firefox.

New browser will have to be much much better and different to win. Wink
{name here}
It has ads and it probably collects information on your browsing habits. That's enough for me not to even consider using it. Google has enough info on me Razz
Ankhanu
Chrome is kinda nice, despite the privacy issue. I like some aspects of its interface, but for the most part, I don't find it as good as Firefox. Chrome does load faster than Firefox, but comparing system resource use once both apps are running, I haven't noticed any substantial difference in RAM and CPU allocations between the programs... though Chrome running each tab as a separate app makes that harder to assess Razz In fact, I've found my system running slower with Chrome active than with Forefox, despite marginally lower resource use... go figure.

I keep playing with Chrome, but I don't intend to switch. As mentioned, as it leaves beta and has beter development, it MAY become a viable alternative, but not yet.
brokenadvice
Ankhanu wrote:
Chrome is kinda nice, despite the privacy issue.

Because chrome is open source, it can be freely modified. Somebody already has and removed all the privacy concerns features and called it Iron. It is a little buggy though. http://www.srware.net/software_srware_iron.php
jsfdan
I will keep using Mozilla FireFox because of the endless add-ons and I am already used to it.
froy357
I still Mozilla FireFox.
bulek
As long as there isn't Greasemonkey plugin for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox stays as my primary web browser.
RosenCruz
google chrome entered the market well......but it has a long way to go to compete mozilla
Indyan
Google Chrome will get exntensions at some point in the future.

Google Chrome actually takes more memory since each tab is a separate process.

It's startup page borrows heavily from Opera (speed dial).

I am sticking to Opera for the time being as Chrome is missing too many features I need.
fadirocks
I have it installed just to test out sites how they look otherwise i don't use, i use my moz seamonkey and ff3 Smile
tsuvik
Its Mozilla as of now. Google chrome needs to be updated from frequent crashes.
xcloudy
Google chrome is lack of plugins, especially for web developers. While firefox has plenty of these extensions.
ramzzhakim
cyberbuddy wrote:
well google has entered in web browser also.i have used google Chrome and i have concluded these things

1)Looks good especially when u see your history web pages it it comes in thumbnails

2)Pop Up blocker i think its better than Mozilla

3)It doesn't have and adds on software which is a demerit .

4)Memory Management i think it takes less system resources

Please have an ideal discussion about this

thank u

Yes But Mozilla just seems to work with everything, it is soooo customizable and user friendly... I just can't help myself from loving it... I just do! Very Happy
mickeyy
I like Firefox 3.5.3. Hate the interface of chrome. They tried too hard to make it look good and missed the basics i.e Ease of Use.
weableandbob
It's mainly speed vs customizability. Chrome is a lot faster, but it doesn't have any add-ons as of yet, and I don't think it even has full java support either. Firefox is a bit slower, but the sheer amount of add ons make up for it, which is why I like it better
carlospro7
I've been a long time user of Mozilla Firefox, but it has gotten too slow for my taste. I don't have many addons. Recently, I've sort of switched to Chrome. The developers features are pretty sweet, and it has been faster in almost every way. When extensions are released for Chrome, I will probably switch for sure. I also wish it had a way to save your last browsed tabs. So the next time you open the browser, those already there. It's just a matter of time I guess.
dude_xyx
Firefox is better since it had more very useful plugins. But I use Google Chrome mainly for adWord because it freeze Firefox browser sometimes.
loyal
Peace.

I'm a user who likes to open many many tabs in a browser and leave them open for future reference. I find that Mozilla Firefox copes far better with this than Google Chrome, which becomes quite slow; my laptop also is slower when there are many tabs open in Chrome, than if they were all open in Firefox. Also, I was a bit annoyed when I tried to bookmark all thirty tabs in Chrome at the same time, but discovered no such function exists in Chrome (although I've read on a random forum somewhere, it's a feature that will come in an upcoming version); I love that feature in firefox.
However one thing that Chrome defeats Firefox, hands down, is appearance. Chrome looks really good and at the same time simplistic. Firefox still looks more like a program from XP or win 98 rather than having a nicer appearance.

I think your favourite will depend on how you use a browser. For me, I prefer to open lots of tabs when I'm surfing for a few hours and visiting multiple websites simultaneously. But sometimes I just want to do a quick search as fast as possible, and Chome's minimal approach is ideal for that. It's pretty much replaced IE as my "quick, just checking" browser. Although I do have all 3 browsers installed on my laptop.
adrenaline
I choose Firefox before Chrome.
Simply becouse of it's addons, speed, security and of course, Open Source!
Jean-Clod
Long live Chrome, its speed, its minimalism!
I used FF for a while, but I left it, and began using Opera, since the 3.0 release (2years, methinks, or?). It's a bit slow.. and the fact you have to install specific addons to have a feature otherwise present in browsers like Opera makes it rapidly look like it was bloated.. (Even if the addon thingy is a great one)
SkyWalker59
I will stick to Firefox,if given choice out of firefox and chrome. Because of look,add ons, privacy firefox is better....
Cade
FF seems still to be the project that gest and uses teh attention it gets. Chrome will, I think, never be as popular as FF. hmm the maount of add-on plus, very good relaeses are very important for me. even betas are very stable, whta not alywas is the case with some software. I started using FF with 1.0 and still using 3.6 hmmm this is the best Netscape follower.
ForceRun
I was also a big Netscape fan until they killed that. It have used chrome a little bit, but it was very buggy at the time and didn't work with too many of the sites that I visited often.
selim06
I was a big Firefox Fan for ages and I think I still love it but to be honest. After giving a try to Chrome I changed my default browser to it. On Mac OS, Firefox crashes too often and although the fact Firefox uses less memory than any other common browser I can't understand why Chrome runs lots quicker than it and I almost never see Chrome crashes.When I use Windows I prefer Firefox but Chrome seems to be the best option for Mac OS. I can say from my personal experience even Safari is better than Mozilla Firefox on a Mac machine.
Chrome still requires developments though, for instance every single time I click on a pdf file, I should be able to just browse it with Chrome interface instead of downloading it to a my HDD's specific position and open it with Preview.
shenyl
Chrome good, but Firefox is better.

I still have Chrome running on my Windows, but not as the primary browser.

Firefox add-on is ease to add to expand the functionality - and this is almost limitless.

From capturing YouTube videos to Databases and DB management right out of Firefox.

The updates of the add-on can be disturbing but I am often delighted by the improvement.

So I will said - functions of Firefox is much better than Chrome.

With regards.
Kashinilaya
I'm stuck with Safari, but was forced to use Firefox, due to a bank demand. For me it doesn't seem to be worth it to switch browsers. I don't surf all that much to make any difference.
Jean-Clod
shenyl wrote:
Chrome good, but Firefox is better.
I still have Chrome running on my Windows, but not as the primary browser.
Firefox add-on is ease to add to expand the functionality - and this is almost limitless.
From capturing YouTube videos to Databases and DB management right out of Firefox.
The updates of the add-on can be disturbing but I am often delighted by the improvement.
So I will said - functions of Firefox is much better than Chrome.
With regards.

Well, Chrome is relatively new, compared to Firefox. I agree all these addons, sometimes really well engineered, do make FF a great browser; but look at the upcoming APIs : I think (and I hope - even if, Chrome or Firefox, or even Opera, I don't care, while it's a fast & reliable browser ) that in the following years/months, we'll see even better extensions. At the moment, the choice is still (again, compared to Firefox: for a platform that young, it's already great) relatively limited.
For the sake of good browsers, I just want both (with other webkit based, or Opera, and such..) to keep on innovating! But for the moment, I prefer Chrome (and Opera Razz) over Firefox

JS' power does not need to be demonstrated, nowadays. Userscripts' neither. And Chrome's extensions are based on both, so..