FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Seo Hints

stryd4
hey
i dont think this is double post but iv been talking to a friend about do's and dont's of domain names and i thought id give some of the new people a run down.
-No abreviations(sorry frihost)
-Avoid words spelt differantly in other english seaking areas (eg humor-humour, color-colour)
-Directly Relate to content of website(eg a funny video website www.funnyvideos.com)
-Do not repeat words in demain names(eg ( www.veryveryawesome.com it confuses people)
-Easily verbaly communicated(eg not www.fsghce.com)

there are various other seo rules that you should know before registering your domain name but one of the most i will leave u with is dont ask opinions on forums. i once made the mistake of this and when u went to register it was taken however it was not taken the day before hmmm.
for more hints google top 10 seo rules.

catchya
dude_xyx
2 things I can tell about domains when it comes to search engine optimization are that if your site is about a keyword then its better register a name with that keyword in it. If its a local site which would limited to specific area then use a ccTLD with is for that area. Google gives a priority to ccTLDs which search in local Google website.