FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best government system

ptolomeo
Do you think democracy is the best form of government possible?

I propose to post form of government (different from old unsuccessful form) that could improve our supposedly best way of government (the representative democracy).
leontius
Democracy is not the best. There are lots of times where majority is wrong. Democracy is all about expressing the wants of the majority, and the majority is usually not the most knowledgeable people. For example, people near nominee X may know that he/she has bad intentions or is simply not capable for the task; however everybody else only knows X via campaigns and media.

The best people to judge whether someone can have a position or not are their closest circle of colleagues, but it implies collusion or nepotism.
Klaw 2
Communism like state controlled by a computer that is programmed to make choises in favour of the majority. Of course with a system giving people extra credits for harder jobs or more dangerous jobs.
A computer has no greed that will take out the major flaw out of the formation of a communnistic government.
ocalhoun
leontius wrote:
Democracy is not the best. There are lots of times where majority is wrong. Democracy is all about expressing the wants of the majority, and the majority is usually not the most knowledgeable people. For example, people near nominee X may know that he/she has bad intentions or is simply not capable for the task; however everybody else only knows X via campaigns and media.

Democracy is bad, but of all the government systems we have to choose from, it is the least bad.
jwellsy
Two men enter, one man leaves, THUNDERDOME!
Moonspider
Klaw 2 wrote:
Communism like state controlled by a computer that is programmed to make choises in favour of the majority. Of course with a system giving people extra credits for harder jobs or more dangerous jobs.
A computer has no greed that will take out the major flaw out of the formation of a communnistic government.

Right...so no room for compassion, grace, mercy, etc.?

Respectfully,
M
coolclay
Once again ocalhoun, you hit the nail on the head again. As many flaws as democracy's have compared to other forms it is the least bad. I am certainly no anarchist but some times I think our government has too much control. Now I certainly think there should be government but ours has a lot more control then it should and a lot more than our founding father's intended I think.
rvec
moved
lagoon
Definitely a dictatorship. Preferably with me at the head. Laughing
Klaw 2
Moonspider wrote:
Klaw 2 wrote:

Respectfully,
M

Eeh well I don't think that a country's leader should have compassion, grace, mercy, etc.? have any effect on how her rules.
A computer never gets greedy.
Moonspider
Klaw 2 wrote:
Moonspider wrote:
Klaw 2 wrote:

Respectfully,
M

Eeh well I don't think that a country's leader should have compassion, grace, mercy, etc.?

I very strongly disagree.

Respectfully,
M
gcaughill
ocalhoun,

In your banner you say fascism, but I believe it is spelt wrong. Just thought you might want to fix it.
Kelcey
What government is best depends on where you are relative to the government.
Klaw 2
Moonspider wrote:

Respectfully,
M

In what way?
Libby
Democracy is awesome. Totally egalitarian, each person having the same amount of power as anyone else.

Representative "democracy" -- not so great. As we've seen.

The US's current "democracy" is basically "one dollar, one vote" -- the rich have all the influence because they can buy lobbyists and pick and choose which politicians/organizations get funds, while the poor are practically disenfranchised in comparison.
jguzon
Think
Being a citizen of the world and had been working with the people from different culture, I could say that democracy does not apply to any type of culture. I can see that democracy works in Norway where I am residing now, but not exactly in the Philippines where I was born.

I guess it will work to all countries, but it needs time (a lot of time). The cultural barrier must be changed first, and religion has a lot of issues to work out.
Moonspider
Klaw 2 wrote:
Moonspider wrote:

Respectfully,
M

In what way?

I vehemently disagree with the idea that a national leader doesn't need compassion, grace, or mercy.

Respectfully,
M
Klaw 2
Moonspider wrote:
I vehemently disagree with the idea that a national leader doesn't need compassion, grace, or mercy.

Gues i wasn´t clear enough, why does a leader need compassion? While ruling a country, a computer doesn´t need it if it´s programmed not to sacrificy people lightly for almost no reason.

Libby wrote:
Democracy is awesome. Totally egalitarian, each person having the same amount of power as anyone else.

Representative "democracy" -- not so great. As we've seen.

The US's current "democracy" is basically "one dollar, one vote" -- the rich have all the influence because they can buy lobbyists and pick and choose which politicians/organizations get funds, while the poor are practically disenfranchised in comparison.

The only problem is that in democracy the people can vote against their commen interest, cause they don´t know enough of it and are easily persuaded by people who pretend that a certain thing is against their interest.
ocalhoun
Klaw 2 wrote:

The only problem is that in democracy the people can vote against their commen interest, cause they don´t know enough of it and are easily persuaded by people who pretend that a certain thing is against their interest.

Also, people can vote against their long term interests in favor of whatever makes them feel better right now. They can also vote for the government to give them money, while being too stupid to realize that the money they get from the government comes from their own pockets