FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I caught a shiny bidoof.

rightclickscott
It's true. I ran into my second shiny pokemon ever in my entire lifetime, not counting Red Gyarados from the second generation. In Gold Version, during a rigorous bug catching contest, I ran into a shiny Green Beedrill. It quickly became one of my parties mainstays. AND YET IT GOT ****** SECOND PLACE TO A ****** BUTTERFREE YEAH ****** YOU BUTTERFREE.

But, while EV Training my perfectly bred Empoleon in an attempt to make one that's actually useable, I ran into my second shiny pokemon, a golden Bidoof. I nearly missed it, because I only saw the shine in the corner of my eye, and I had the volume down, but I caught the glimpse of that beautiful shine, I decided to mock the same exact way I caught my last shiny. I took out my Scizor, the predecessor of the one from Gold, and used the move that I taught them both, False Swipe. I took a look at my pokeballs while the wild Bidoof was injured, and found one premier ball, so I threw it at the Bidoof, hoping it would like it's special pokeball. Now, sitting in my party is my new shiny pokemon, Bidoof. What I'm going to do with it yet, I don't know, but I'm gonna attempt to make it a powerful physical attacker, and since it's nature increases speed, I'm gonna EV train it's speed as well.
Flarkis
Gah! I've been trying to catch a shiny pokemon for awhile now, and have only come across one... which i utterly failed to catch. I'm so jealous of your find! Razz I congratulate you on your find Smile
Subaru
Do You use japan names for Pokemons??? Because I know Buterfree as Butterfly...or maybe my mistake...
Congratulations in catching ^_^ try to write down precised time when You encountered them it can help others Very Happy (I think there was a chance 1 to 1000 or something to encountering shiny one)
Nameless
Good job! Your repetitious performance of unchallenging gameplay has led to the statistical inevitability of a rare occurrence happening, now resulting in a palette swap of otherwise the exact same gameplay element. Wink
wombatrpgs
That doesn't make it any less thrilling. Though a Bidoof would be one of the few ones I'd ignore even shiny. Way too ugly to be used in a party.
QrafTee
Nameless wrote:
Good job! Your repetitious performance of unchallenging gameplay has led to the statistical inevitability of a rare occurrence happening, now resulting in a palette swap of otherwise the exact same gameplay element. Wink

You must be the guy who brings everyone down in the party.
Nameless
QrafTee wrote:
Nameless wrote:

You must be the guy who brings everyone down in the party.

If I ever get invited to a party I'll be sure to prove you right. Razz
rightclickscott
wombatrpgs wrote:
That doesn't make it any less thrilling. Though a Bidoof would be one of the few ones I'd ignore even shiny. Way too ugly to be used in a party.

Actually, Shiny Bidoof is pretty darn adorable. Shiny Bibarel, now that's an ugly beast. I kinda regret evolving it now.
hlavco
Bidoofs are weird. Rattata was cooler.
wombatrpgs
As cool as any "generic pokemon" could be. You need to have something to find that's boring... And it's not so much shininess that makes Bidoof ugly as much as Bidoof is just... ugly.