FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Opinions about copyright

KloosterKeys
I think, as a professional musician and composer, that the system op copyright is a little oldfashioned. Because a composer or producer gets a little lucky he might make millions with a simple song he made in a few hours. I know it is a little like a lottery, you have to keep making songs for a very long time to have a hit-song, and perhaps it never happens. That is exactly what I think is the problem.
I think it is right to earn a nice amount of money on a song that is a hit. But there should be a limit to the amount. I don't know how this can be achieved legally though.
I'm curious if there's someone who has an idea about this.
Andrew426
Why should there be a limit? That goes entirely against the capitolist system. Its not just pure luck that a song is a hit - it is called 'talent'. I have worked with bands recording albums (used to work for a touring/audio production/stage/lighting company) and I know what goes into making a hit song. A hell of a lot more than just luck.
KloosterKeys
That's for sure. I don't want to underestimate the effort and talent that is required for producing a hit. But you have to admit there are very talented people working very hard in the music business that never had the luck to produce a hit. And I just think the difference is sometimes a little too big, and thought it might be nice to start a fund of a percentage of the royalties above a certain amount of money to support all the very good (and perhaps a little less commercial) ideas to be brought out in public. Thats all.