FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows mobile programming and php, combination possible?

bukaida
Is it possible to do windows mobile programming with php ? I mean it is possible to combine php and VS .net (That is , a PHP page can interact with .NET platform, So is it possible to extend that feature to the mobile platform?)
rvec
sure, php can interact if you can send/recieve info with .NET you can open a socket with php and connect, or you could send/recieve post and get data, or write a cookie and open the site, ...

It's not too hard to interact with php. It just depends on how you want to use it.
[FuN]goku
Yes it can. I'm a VS.NET developer and i cant count how many times i've used php to interact with my progs.

Whether it be for version detection or... data submission. Whatever the case may be, its not hard.

2 ways of doing it (that i know of)

1, add a reference to System.Net;

then use the Webclient class.

2, Code your own socket engine (like i did Razz)
and then just send some http headers and stuff. You'll want to look up on the http protocol.
It's quite easy.

Anyways if you need any help with VS.NET just throw me a PM, i've been using it since mid 2005 so i know it quite well by now Razz I know both C# and VB so if you need help with either it's no problem.

EDIT: Here i found a C# function i wrote for the GET http function.

Include these Namespaces
Code:

using System.Net;
using System.IO;

And heres the function. It returns the raw html in string format, so you can manipulate data from there if you need to. I just cut this function out of a text file i had and edited a bit so if it doesnt work tell me. Also if you use VB, just try too look for a C# to VB converter online , i know theres a few around. If you cant convert it and you DO use VB let me know and i can try to convert it for you Razz

Code:

public static HttpWebRequest myRequest;

public static string GET(string address)
        {
            myRequest = WebRequest.Create(address) as HttpWebRequest;
            myRequest.UserAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12";

HttpWebResponse myResponse = (HttpWebResponse)myRequest.GetResponse();

StreamReader ReadResponse = new StreamReader(myResponse.GetResponseStream());
            string myData = ReadResponse.ReadToEnd();
            ReadResponse.Close();

return myData;
        }
carl_fernandes
I had used J2ME and PHP once...
AftershockVibe
I think the problem will be finding a webserver (and PHP engine) that will run on Windows Mobile... not whether .Net and PHP can communicate with each other.

I'd be very interested to see if you find a solution to this question.
bukaida
@[FuN]goku-- Thanx man, I will be counting on you.

Actually I wanted to say if it is possible to use smart device programming( like writing a program for the smart phone emulator or something like that) using PHP. I have a little knowledge on PHP and no knowledge on .NET. I need to write windows mobile programming and I donot wish to change the PHP platform. So is there any way out?
[FuN]goku
bukaida wrote:
@[FuN]goku-- Thanx man, I will be counting on you.

Actually I wanted to say if it is possible to use smart device programming( like writing a program for the smart phone emulator or something like that) using PHP. I have a little knowledge on PHP and no knowledge on .NET. I need to write windows mobile programming and I donot wish to change the PHP platform. So is there any way out?

Not sure man. You might be able to find something if you do a google search but. idk.
drsalimatalay
no matter which standart you use for dynamic web programming (php,asp,asp.net vs). web is response & request in simple. By Parsing the request you can interact with almost all web
shadee
I want to generate or calculate student grades using php any help please.

i am developing a school information system using PHP & MYSQL for my final school project so any extra help in codes or advice is appreciated.
thanks pals.