FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mac TV Adverts. Annoying?

How annoying are they?
Quite annoying, i like Windows :D
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Quite annoying i like *Nix
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
I don't mind them.
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
I <3 Macs , Burn Windows!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Wth is a....... Mac?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

[FuN]goku
Okay, so i'm sure pretty well everyone has seen at least ONE of those Mac/PC commercials on tv Razz
When they first started coming on, they were mildly amusing to watch,
but , recently I've noticed they seem to be getting more and more annoying, while some of the points in the adverts may be valid, it's just the way they advertise it. To be honest, i'm surprised MS hasn't made any commercial in retaliation to mac's, but meh i spose.... what would they advertise back? XP? rofl i think thats slightly old to be advertising since vista is out now, and it's not the greatest OS.

But anyways keeping on topic, how many of you find the commercials to be getting more annoying as they progress?

I actually liked some of the earlier ones. My favorite was probably the one about Vista's firewall,

"Cancel Or Allow"

But the ones that are on lately are just..... extremely insulting to windows, they make Bill Gates look like he has an IQ of room temperature in Celsius.

Bah, maybe it's just me, but i'm wondering of others' opinions.

So how about you? Annoying, or Not Annoying , THAT , IS the question.

P.S. , I think i made this post sound a bit over dramatic, but i'm bored, and noticed a mac commerical on tv while i was on the forum, and it's late so meh.
LostOverThere
I honestly find them quite humorous. The humour is so dry (which is my kind of humour!) So yeah, I think they're great.

Oh and as for your post, dramatic is good. Smile
mariomaster
I don't mind them, sometimes they get sorta funnt, but like you said LostOverThere, it's dry humor alright!
Arnie
I don't have anything against the OS, I just think the advertisements are lousy.* Firing up the anti-Windows sentiment and trying to make $$ of it.

Most likely the Mac OS programmers have nothing to do with the PR department anyway. Can't simply judge the software by the image the company tries to present of it.

* Your poll lacks this option, which is yet another example of the blind sentiment ruling this sort of debate. Apparently one can only be completely against X, hating everything they make (ads, software, etc.) and totally support Y or Z. !?!?
Also note the emotional phrases used in the poll options.
[FuN]goku
Arnie wrote:
I don't have anything against the OS, I just think the advertisements are lousy.* Firing up the anti-Windows sentiment and trying to make $$ of it.

Most likely the Mac OS programmers have nothing to do with the PR department anyway. Can't simply judge the software by the image the company tries to present of it.

* Your poll lacks this option, which is yet another example of the blind sentiment ruling this sort of debate. Apparently one can only be completely against X, hating everything they make (ads, software, etc.) and totally support Y or Z. !?!?
Also note the emotional phrases used in the poll options.

Heh , i spose thats true. In general though i don't like Mac's as a whole. The mice are annoying cuz of the one button, but i've heard you can get ones with two. But in my experience , i've only used a single buttoned one. Then, navigating around the system and stuff is awkward ( to me anyways) and then finally i just don't like the theme. But, i haven't used a mac for more than an hour at a time so..

But i'm saying that the commercials are kinda annoying lately, like they just don't have any points in them anymore it's just randomness tbh.

Like... the one with uh.. i forget exactly how it goes but, PC was talking about "And now you can try our new Relaxing Vista Bath Oils" or something like that. I forget how it went exactly. The older ones seemed to actually have some points about the flaws in vista, and they presented it in a kind of humorous way. Meh.. Anyway
Diablosblizz
I find them humorous and non-humorous. The first few I saw were pretty classical, but after so many you get tired of them. They've done the main points of Vista, and now they're just looking stupid.

GIVE IT UP ALREADY!
MeddlingMonk
I've seen a few of them. Some of them are rather amusing. There's also a few spoofs of these ads involving Linux that have found their way onto Youtube.
DarkAkira
I think they are quite amusing. Some of them are kind of dry, but alot are really good. I've watched all the ones on the apple site.