FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

red alert 3

riki
new game of the legendary game red alert

release in september 2008
Diablosblizz
This game looks a lot like the models in Starcraft 2.

http://starcraft2log.googlepages.com/screenshot5.jpg

Weird. Razz Could you give more information about this game please?
bogger
I played the beta there yesterday, was fun, a bit confusing, but fun. I like the sea and non sea mixture, and the ability to build in either, allows for some good fun!
xcloudy
My colleages were still palying RA2 now.
It's funny especially when you're playing with lot's of people. Very Happy
robinhanks
cool, 3D!
it looks like starcraft.
hope all them to be Wonderful
joomla
been waiting for over 3 months for the beta key.. probably typical EA though.
bogger
surely you know you can get it for free from fileplanet?

turns out soviets are useless, and allied is the best, but the russian stingray rush can work quite well,

dogs are imba unless you turret...
catscratches
bogger wrote:
surely you know you can get it for free from fileplanet?

turns out soviets are useless, and allied is the best, but the russian stingray rush can work quite well,

dogs are imba unless you turret...
I guess it'll probably be more balanced when it's finished as well.
bogger
it's what betas are made for Razz
mitra
i heard something about there being a third race. I.e russians went back in time and "stole" som scientists who worked on the atomic bomb. So it wasn't created an Japan was never bombed. So the third race int he game is the "empire of the rising sun". Is this correct or just bullshit?
bogger
correct. They're quite different, in that their yard makes vehicles which then deploy into buildings

allows for quick expansion, take some skill to get the hang of, though.

I dunno the plot, I just know the units, the beta won't let us play the single player campaign (I wonder why)
froy357
Hello, what date in september is the release?
Oddw1re
froy357 wrote:
Hello, what date in september is the release?

Its not going to be released in September.
Apparently the release date is October 31st.
Pikokola
They bring back water units... YAY!!!!
[remember : we have nearly No water units on C&C general & the last C&C series, tiberium wars]
Starrfoxx
Woohoo! DRM is going to be a part of this bad boy too. I can't wait! Dancing
ForceRun
Beta was fun just more of the same good-old C&C. Much more like C&C3 with the fast paced game play. Japan is different, shows of the units with specials. Their are a good amount of Navy units and most of your base can be build on water. The best unit in the game so far is one of the Allied Helos. Sucks as a attacker, but has a shrinking ray that will shrink most vehicles in the game. It is tons of fun turning the mighty attack force of enemy Apocalypse Tanks into little-bitty bugs that you can crash with your smallest tanks. The vehicle turns into 1/10 of it's original size, moves super fast, and the voice commands sound like the Chickmucks. It is a lot of fun. I took a large group of aircraft carriers and made them mini, and ran them through the enemy's front lines then attacked their rear. It was a lot of fun.
NubCakeNL
I hope it will be a really good game! Red Alert 2 was Epic!
achowles
Well it's another EA title so you can expect the PC version to be poisoned by DRM and the console version to be practically unplayable due to the fact that it's and RTS and RTS and gamepads don't mix.

All in all I can't imagine how they could have made it more avoidable.
joomla
when i bought the expension of the unfinished game Tiberirum Wars, Kane's Wrath, it came with a key to get the beta.

This betakey never came so I have been mailing Electronic Arts for 7 months.
They always told me to be patient, it would come.

Then suddenly I got a mail that my spamfilter (I don't have a spamfilter!!) has eaten the mail and the registration is closed. I could forget about my key.

In my country this practice is illegal but EA gets away with it.

I wonder what beta you get with the expension of the expensions expension.

EA is worse then Microsoft and after years of buying EA products, I will not anymore.
Not even if they will suddenly start making games that are worth the huge prices they charge.
jiangshan
wow,I am looking forward to playing Ra3.I like playing Ra2 very much,it is a game which drive me crazy.from the picture it looks like very interesting and wonderful.when and where can I download this game?I even can not wait for a minute,aha!!!
revistafabrika
I am looking forward to this game too, I generally like command & conquer series from the begfining the first Red Alert to Tiberian Wars and so on I liked them all and played a lot. I'm liking this one too but Starcraft still remains my favorite so I can't wait for Starcraft which will be released in 3 seperate games Smile
enygmasoft
revistafabrika wrote:
I am looking forward to this game too, I generally like command & conquer series from the begfining the first Red Alert to Tiberian Wars and so on I liked them all and played a lot. I'm liking this one too but Starcraft still remains my favorite so I can't wait for Starcraft which will be released in 3 seperate games Smile

Good times ahead for us strategI feel in love when I lost my virginty when I played Warcraft II. It was the best strategy game godies ever.
amperx
woot just got my copy commanders edition*, really nice game looking forward to its campaign, beta was good, although youll feel like this *** imba! but then again, the final release balanced it
ForceRun
Well, got the game and finish the Co-OP play through. I would give the game a 6 out of 10 score over all. It had a few fun mounments, and the Co-Op was a nice addishtion, being the only reason I played the game. But the game has no polish, is very unbalanced and the campaigns are intressting at the best. If you have a good friend who has the game, and really like Red Alert, then get the game. Other wise pass.
Vladalf
I'm embaressed to say but I only player the first red alert. I remember i had to save Einstein and the units were really unique. Hope I'm not mistaking the game. I will try Red Alert 3 for sure.
-Vladalf
wombatrpgs
I really haven't played anything of theirs since Red Alert 2. Everything else went down hill. This latest games seem to be less based on strategy and more on blowing PC cards with humongously complex graphics. Not to mention it makes it impossible to tell what's going on. It seemed the point of the series was realism, and the sequel, while not entirely realistic, (time traveling Einstein?) at least kept something resembling sanity.

Maybe I'll try it if I feel like throwing money into a computer powerful enough to support it.
ForceRun
I don't think it takes much of a computer to run this game.
wombatrpgs
Really? I'll have to look up the specs... And my computer is really lousy. I like Windows 98.
ForceRun
Maybe I should state, a computer build in the Last 4 years, and not a dell.
lethaltriad
Played a couple campaigns matches and skirmishes against the computer. typical Red Alert style play, nothing really new in terms of gameplay but still a fun game to play. Gonna try set up some for the weekend to play against some friends. Have my computer for a year now and its running pretty smoothly on all the high settings.
wombatrpgs
Yeah, however, my Windows 98 will not like this game very much. I believe even RA2 made it suffer. Nonetheless, I'll check this out when I get a new computer. Hopefully soon.