FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Selling a Domain

rockstar
Has anyone any idea how I would go about selling a domain name that I own? I bought www.stormrockband.co.uk some time ago, and now have no use for it.

Cheers, Howie
LukeakaDanish
Unless you can find someone who wants to buy it, you cannot sell it.

Just wait for the period you purchased it for expires.

If you want to recover expenses you could try parking the domain - though its not certain you would be able to gain much from that...
rockstar
Damn! So the next question has to be ANYONE WANNA BUY IT? LOL!
Arseniy
You can go on large boards about domains like ddboard.com or others and drop there and advertisement like "i'm selling domain name, paypal/alertpay cash", set your own price (not too high) and wait for buyers Smile
joomla
Goto www.sedo.co.uk and park your domain there. If it had any traffic and/or it is listed in
search-engines you might get an offer for it. you can then decide if you want to start an auction or sell it for the price offered. keep in mind that you pay a commission to them. on the other hand they give you some money for the ads places on your homepage. if have sold several domains this way.
better then doing nothing Smile
shkhanal
Its a great discussion.

But I'm afraid it would take too long time to get your domain sold. I guess forums will be the quicker if you wish to get rid of your domain for small money.
gracebiz
You gotta promote your domain for sale. There are a few ways I know. \

1. Propose to those web sites selling domain names (see a list of them in internic.net)
2. Propose to those who seems to be potential (for ex., contact to the companies who has the same biz)
3. Promote around the world in forums in popular web sites especially about IT, web design, web hosting definitely you can post to sell it here.

Hope it helps.
Adrian77
domain is stupid
frih
Adrian77 wrote:
domain is stupid

godaddy is also a stupid name, dont represent the domain site, but they are famous.
Peterssidan
frih wrote:
Adrian77 wrote:
domain is stupid

godaddy is also a stupid name, dont represent the domain site, but they are famous.

But at least godaddy is shorter. This thread is very old *hint*