FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Live Messenger not responding?

HalfBloodPrince
Hey. Recently on my laptop, if ever I put it to sleep or hibernate, when I resume my session Windows Live Messenger is almost always not responding. I always have to force-quit it and then start the program again. Anyone know why this is happening? It doesn't happen to any other programs, by the way. If it helps, I'm on a relatively new HP Pavilion dv6850ee running Windows Vista.
hunnyhiteshseth
Actually its a problem with all messengers even with yahoo messenger. It happens because most probably you have a dynamic IP, so after you resume from hibernation all contents of RAM are restored as it is and messenger is unable to know that it has got a new IP address.

Try quiting messenger or atleast signing out before hibernating.
Subaru
Windows Vista...Laptop...You couldn't get worse pack...my friend had Vista and didn't worked long because it was bugged from A to Z and got Windows XP...working on Vista for now is suicide (bad word but I couldn't find similar Razz)
You can try to install alternative program to use MSN...maybe it will be OK for now
HalfBloodPrince
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Actually its a problem with all messengers even with yahoo messenger. It happens because most probably you have a dynamic IP, so after you resume from hibernation all contents of RAM are restored as it is and messenger is unable to know that it has got a new IP address.

Try quiting messenger or atleast signing out before hibernating.

Oh okay, so it's nothing wrong from my side =) From now on I'll just exit before hibernating. Thanks!

Subaru wrote:
Windows Vista...Laptop...You couldn't get worse pack...

Let me guess, Linux on desktop ftw? >_>
Subaru
No You guess wrong Razz
Of course I'm using Linux but if choosing from Windows systems I would choose XP or 98 SE Cool
Vista is still too bugged to use, maybe when over 9000 patches will be downloaded than it will be more or less as stable as XP Cool