FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hardware Acceleration Issues

LostOverThere
For some reason in Windows, If hardware acceleration is at full, whenever I watch a video file I get the blue screen of death (oh noes). However, if its put down to the 3rd lowest point on the Advanced Graphics Settings (Which is under; Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced >Troubleshoot) I don't get the blue screen of death. Great! But problem is, I also cant play any games at that setting.
Incase you're wondering the "3rd lowest point" I speak of is Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations, as well as all cursor and advanced drawing accelerations. Use this setting to correct severe problems with DirectX accelerated applications. Thus I have a problem with DirectDraw and Direct3D. Yes I have the latest drivers, and no there's no problems with dxdiag. D:

I could just change it each time, but then I'd have to keep changing it every time I wanted to play a game, or wanted to watch/edit a movie. Which is a downright pain.

Does anyone know of a fix to this problem? Is there a way of fixing this?
AftershockVibe
Try reinstalling directX if you can. If that doesn't help then perhaps the problem is with your hardware? Maybe if you clean out your graphics card and the slot it fits into will stop it overheating or prevent a short that's causing it problems when it's running in proper 3D mode.

Worth a try.
Cool
Donutey
I agree with the above poster: Uninstall then reinstall Direct X, Uninstall then reinstall your graphics card driver (make sure it's the newest version), then uninstall and reinstall the media player program. If that doesn't work, you'll need to post some more detailed information about the program/hardware involved in the problem.
LostOverThere
That (reinstalling DirectX) didn't help, sorry.

I've got the latest drivers, and its more then one media player (Almost all but VLC and iMovie).