FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stephanie Meyer's "The Host"

Starrfoxx
I'm listening to this on audio CD. It's a very interesting take on an alien invasion that has already happened, and we lost.

I don't want to say anymore, because I don't want to spoil stuff. It's written in a very interesting way, and you don't learn everything that happened all at once. A little here and a little there, history is revealed on what exactly happened and why we lost the invasion.
blk3
This book is not in anyway related to the 'Host ' korean movie released a few yrs ago. Seems like a good plot.
kutekitten
Very interesting, I got sucked into it and put off a ton of homework that I had to catch up on later in order to finish it (not exactly smart... but what's done is done and my marks didn't drop, so...) This book is equivalent to or better than the twilight series, depending on your point of view...
crimson_aria
probably not as absorbing as the Twilight series but I think it's better written than it. Interesting plot. I liked it.
Alaskacameradude
Very good book! Makes you think too......is there a bit of good in everyone? What makes you
human and not something else? Lots of good stuff like that.
kutekitten
Alaskacameradude wrote:
Very good book! Makes you think too......is there a bit of good in everyone? What makes you
human and not something else? Lots of good stuff like that.

I think that Twilight does that too, it questions whether something that is considered bad and evil can actually have goodness inside of them. And it shows a lot about the value of morals etc.
phantombr
I like very much the way Stephanie Meyer's writing, and were even thinking of buying this book to get a view not only the theme of vampires about what she writes. After reading the comments on "The Host" here, already I put the book on my Wish List... =D
loyal
I preferred the Host, to Twilight. It was a much more interesting and compelling book. It contrasted difficult moral choices, emphasised the importance of freedom, while illustrating that we may go about our routines so dumbly, being half-asleep, that we fail to appreciate life or thrive in its experiences.

Peace.
TurtleShell
I'm glad to hear that the Host may be better written than twilight.
Starrfoxx
I finally read Twilight and I'm now into New Moon. I can definitely vouch for The Host. It's better written, and I think having it in First Person makes sense.

I hate being in the mind of Bella Swan. She annoys the crap out of me.
TurtleShell
Starrfoxx wrote:
I finally read Twilight and I'm now into New Moon. I can definitely vouch for The Host. It's better written, and I think having it in First Person makes sense.

I hate being in the mind of Bella Swan. She annoys the crap out of me.

Bella is in serious need of a swift swat on the back of the head--what is she thinking? Falling all over a guy who treats her like she's five years old. fragile chick heroines are seriously annoying.
JessieF
loyal wrote:
I preferred the Host, to Twilight. It was a much more interesting and compelling book. It contrasted difficult moral choices, emphasised the importance of freedom, while illustrating that we may go about our routines so dumbly, being half-asleep, that we fail to appreciate life or thrive in its experiences.

Peace.

I agree. I don't know how "Twilight" went to theaters and "The Host" did not. I really hope they turn it into a movie. In Twilight the plot . . well . . what plot? lol It didn't seem like there was one. The characters in The Host seemed to be more thought out. They seemed closer to reality, than the characters in Twilight. I guess because their personalities were more realistic.
Starrfoxx
Supposedly, The Host is going to be a trilogy also. I really hope the author doesn't lose focus on the second book if it's written. I'm not sure what happened with Twilight, but the second book seems to go out in "left field". I am struggling just to read this book, and I'd rather just set it on fire with a flamethrower. I'm afraid to see how bad this will get when I get to the third book.
JessieF
Starrfoxx wrote:
Supposedly, The Host is going to be a trilogy also. I really hope the author doesn't lose focus on the second book if it's written. I'm not sure what happened with Twilight, but the second book seems to go out in "left field". I am struggling just to read this book, and I'd rather just set it on fire with a flamethrower. I'm afraid to see how bad this will get when I get to the third book.

The second book was slow, and seems mostly like a filler, especially book 3. The first and last book of The Twilight Saga were the best, though four starts out slow.

I really hope The Host becomes a trilogy. It is one of my favorite books, and I'd love to just "go back to that world".
loyal
Starrfoxx wrote:

Hmmm the host is going to be a trilogy? That seems strange to me. I thought the storyline was pretty much over. What's she planning? Humans take back their planet?
The second book was the worst from the twilight "saga". Almost nothing happened in it, except bella moping around because edward suddenly decided to leave out of the blue, somehow for reasons of nobleness.
I'm worried meyer will ruin the host, if she writes a sequel to it.

Peace.
cemycc
I was so happy when i have seen a topic with one of my favorite book : The Host
Yea for sure The Host need to be a trilogy but right now Twilight is for cinema, The Host for reading. Smile
crimson_aria
eh? The Host is a trilogy? I enjoyed The Host so much so the next books better be good.