FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HTML to Dynamic!?

caaltt
Hello,

My website with Frihost is the first site I've done and entirely by myself without any training. So...of course I've run in to many problems and issues.
The largest problem I have however is the fact that the whole site is html and NOT dynamic.

Because of this different browsers and different resolutions screw up my greuling hard work and is quite frustrating.

I have no idea how to get around this large hurdle, so can someone please go through the tormenting task of explaining to me how to fix this problem.

I'm sure you can get at least 3 points out of it Laughing

Thanks.
Bondings
Well that is basically why php was invented. Change your extension from .html into .php of your webpage. If you upload that file you won't see a difference, but you'll be able to add php code into the file.
Code:
<?php
// here comes the code
?>

Every part of your php code should come between those tags to tell the server that the code is php and not normal text.

Here is the official tutorial for php: www.php.net/tut.php . Take your time to read it and understand it. The basics aren't difficult, you just have to understand the programming.