FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sherlock Homles- The story of great detective

Vermin
Hello everyone,

Have you ever read any stories about Sherlock Holmes? Sherlock Holmes is among my favorite books. I read the stories very often. They are interesting and suspense.

Sherlock Holmes is written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930). It is about a detective and his assistant, who together solve the hardest cases of criminal activities. “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is my favorite Sherlock Holmes story.
Magicman
I have read a few of the Sherlock Holmes stories and they are generally pretty good. I like how he always uses his complex deductions to solve the mystery.
crimson_aria
I love Sherlock Holmes. I've always wanted to be a detective so I really love detective stories. Same as you, The Hound of the Baskervilles is also my favorite.
TurtleShell
I always loved the relationship between Sherlock and Watson--actually, I just loved Sherlock. He's such a weird man. I guess it comes with being brilliant. I often cite his strange ideas in conversation. One in particular that stays with me, which he talks about in (I believe) the first story, is that his brain is like an attic--if it becomes too full, information begins to leak out. Thus (in order to cram his attic with the most relevant information possible), he only wants to know what is absolutely necessary, and nothing else. When Watson mentions that the earth is round and rotates around the sun--or something like that--Sherlock stares at him like "you're freaking kidding me" and then says he must very fast forget he ever learned it because it's completely irrelivant...

He's got no social skills and he's peevish and a total snob, not to mention a musician and a genius and a drug addict--what a great read he makes!
Pokhara
Quote:
Sherlock holmes is my favourite story. I like he and his assistant Dr Watson. As you, Hound of Baskervillies is my favourite
kutekitten
I love Sherlock Holmes, he's such an interesting character, there aren't many characters like him, he is incredibly smart, but has his many problems, such as most people (if not everybody) does. He is so unique, and yet reasonably well to relate to, he is an anomaly for sure.
venividivici
i finishend all of his storys when i was 14
fladry
I like sherlock holmes very much. Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite books. I have read almost all short stories, but for the long, i have read only hound of baskervillies and sign of the four because i can't find others in the library. I have also watched one of his film, "the baker street irregulars"(t think that's the name). It was nice but i didnot found any story of doyle that maches it's story. Anyway, i love the good old character and his adventures! Very Happy
sudipbanerjee
I have the total collection of Sherlock Homes. Its the bengali translation version. I read all the stories of Sherlock Homes. Actually I like Detective story very much. In our bengali language there are a lot of detective's story. The greatest amongs them are Byomkesh Bakshi written by Saradindu Bandyopadhyay and Feluda written by Satyajit Roy. From Feluda story I first got the name of Sherlock Homes. According to Feluda Sherlosk Homes is the Master of all other detectives of the world. After that I collected the Sherlock Homes stories from Library and read them. Most of them are very interesting. I mainly read the Bengali translation version but few also in English. My favourites are: The hound of the Baskervilles and The Valley of fear.
inuyasha
I haven't read it but know something about it from other works and animations(eg. Detective Conan) Very Happy Maybe I'll spare some time to read it.