FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cat on vacation...

Klaw 2
Okay almost every year my cat goes on "vacation" he is gone for a month or 2 and then comes back. Does someone elses cat do this?
I don't know why he is gone maybe other people also took him in and take him for a month to some exotic place. But if other cats do this too then i'd like to hear it.
PS when he comes back he looks good with nice fur as it's supposed to be no, dirt or anything, nor is he too thin.
ocalhoun
Perhaps he has a particular female cat he likes?
dbershevits
I'ts never happened to me, but thats pretty odd. Maybe his home is too hectic?
Rico
Maybe if you improve his diet he’ll stop going to the little old cat lady up the street that dotes on all the cats in the neighborhood with tuna! – just a theory
reiika101
He might be going to your neighbor or someone else's house and he gets groomed there or something. I'm not quite sure about this.
miacps
Thats very interesting to hear.

I think your cats cheating on you, he's living two lives! Razz

But in all seriousness, consider implanting a tracking chip for the sake of curiosity. If this happened with my cats I'd freak out.

Question: does he disappear at the same time every year?
bonestorm74
This doesn't happen with my cats. They don't wander too far from home to be honest. They can be gone for 24 hours at a time, very rarely, but never more than that. They do stay indoors quite a bit though and I think they like the comforts of home a little too much.
psycosquirrel
If he hasn't been neutered, he's having a little honeymoon with the neighbor cat down the street, like posters above me have stated.

You might want to get him neutered so he doesn't support the massive stray cat population...
GoldWyvern
Not all but alot of un-neutered Toms wander, usually only for a few weeks at a time.
I had a Tom who liked the Queen down the road some much, that even when he was old and she had passed away, he still went and visited the family there.
They didn't mind, they said they felt like he was one of the family.