FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Victorinox logo

badai
almost the same....

standready
and your point is? Please explain.
coolclay
True I hadn't realized that, what a weird coincidence. I don't see that it matters much, who knows maybe that's where the logo came from.
badai
hmm... i don't know how to really explain what i feel.

did you ever walk with your friend and bump into someone who wearing the same shirt with your friend? well, what do you feel? no matter how hard for you to explain what your feeling is, you will almost tell your friend: "dude, you suck. look at that guy wearing your shirt."

standready wrote:
and your point is? Please explain.
badai
i know frihost logo before i notice victorinox logo. i just bought victorinox bag pack 2 days ago and notice its' logo. the funny thing is i said, victorinox logo is like frihost logo, not the other way around.

coolclay wrote:
True I hadn't realized that, what a weird coincidence. I don't see that it matters much, who knows maybe that's where the logo came from.
psycosquirrel
The Victorinox logo has been around longer though.

I wonder if that could be considered copyright infringement?

Maybe you guys should post more so we have more addicted frihosters instead of senior frihosters Razz
coolclay
Well you know if I didn't have a life, I probably would Razz

Just kidding! I wish I did have more time to spend here but I just don't, but I do enjoy posting here, and certainly can't beat the webhosting.
ocalhoun
psycosquirrel wrote:

I wonder if that could be considered copyright infringement?

Trademark infringement more likely...

But Frihost has a tradition of stealing things for rank images...

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy:

Transformers:

Captain America:
Insanity
I don't think it's that big a deal. It's not like Frihost is using it as their own logos or anything. It's just for kicks and giggles.
mtorregiani
I think it's just fun, it's not a trademark issue...
I love the graphics
AftershockVibe
Careful... we might be invaded by switzerland too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_Arms_of_Switzerland

Rolling Eyes

edit: Stupid PHPBB can't use svg for embedded images Razz
airh3ad
Well I think it's just fun and simple logo , it's not a trademark infringement more likely, but is a good logo for me.
ccube921
not at all infringement, it should be fine
Helios
Nobody have bothered to contact us about this, and I don't think anyone will. Therefore I don't see any reason for replacing those images. Nevertheless, if someone would contact us about it, this isn't something an agreement can't solve.
tony
Helios: What is the catch to your signature?

Maybe I am interested :p
Arty
I don't think they would care. It's not like they're being used for commercial purposes right?
Jmanamj
Maybe Frihost should invade Switzerland? Shocked

There is very little similarity between the two symbols if you look at them from a detailed perspective. Perhaps one of the head honchos of the site/forum is Swiss, and is just showing some national pride with the similarity.

Or going for some sort of subliminal comparison to the legendary safety of Swiss banks to the hosting ability of Frihost...
Rico
Spam threads are my favorite.