FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA IV

bertbosi
i think it ll be better if the Rockstar company will release GTA IV also for PC.
absolution
they are going to be releasing it for pc, i think it is comming out in october or november in time for christmas release Very Happy
Zombie
Great! I can't wait for the PC version! I really hope it will have a multiplayer mode... then again why wouldnt it??
wavemaster14
Love GTA series, been playing since GTA 2 got out, cant wait to stae new one on PC, hope it comes before xmass Very Happy
Kelcey
Yeah, they are gonna release it on PC. It's gonna look a whole lot better if you can handle it and have extra features.
Futumuch
GTA IV is dissapointing. After all the hype is fell a bit flat for me. They took all the fun out of the game and made it too dark. I liked the pointlesness of the other games and how you could wonder around all day and never get border. This version has taken most of that away. Waiting for the next Pro evolution soccer now.
zyd666
i hope it ll release soon Razz
well i think that GTA VC it was the game that i most enjoyed playing in GTA series !
David_Pardy
It'll be released in Mid-Late November for the USA and Europe.

I can't wait! If it's available in the US, then I get it over here Very Happy Very Happy
RuoCrage
Futumuch wrote:
GTA IV is dissapointing. After all the hype is fell a bit flat for me. They took all the fun out of the game and made it too dark. I liked the pointlesness of the other games and how you could wonder around all day and never get border. This version has taken most of that away. Waiting for the next Pro evolution soccer now.

I agree to that
its dissapointing,

10.29 Points
52.29 FRIH$
[ Donate ]

→ Report this user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:16 am Post subject: Report this post Reply with quote
neolite
GTA III is called Liberty city. There is another game called GTA Myriad Island or something like that. It is a silly game. There are no missions seen and when you enter into a car at the beginning, the player starts flying. It is really disappointing. Evil or Very Mad but i love GTA IV(Vice city and San andeas) Smile
killerqueen
I think Liberty City was a great dissapointment... SA rocks! Laughing
Fake
It is and will be coming out
Just wait for a few more months mate!
filesharing
Rockstar Games announced that Grand Theft Auto IV will be released on November 18th 2008 in North America, Europeans have to wait a little bit logner, there it will be released on 21th. They also said that the PC-Version of the game will have a better multiplayer gameplay and some other small details will be changed. What hardware is needed isnt public yet. I would buy a new Computer if it has to be... Very Happy
Bengt
i am so siked about it. Too bad i have to wait so long Sad
Nutteloos
I will surely give it a try once it's out for PC... only 7 more weeks. Confused
kilotun
If it comes out on computer it would be great. Was really fun on PS3 on computer it would be crazy fun lol. YA it a pretty sick game. If they set a release date for it please tell me. Will look forward to that. Consoles way to expensive lol and i have a million computers.
JoshuAAR
It would make my day if it came out on mac. But I suppose that is a very very doubtful idea. It would be awesome on my 24" iMac though.

I played it on PS3 and it was awesome. it will be interesting to see what the have tweaked to make it for PC.
Loathing in Fear
Rockstar just confirmed with a video that the PC release will be (almost) exactly the same as both, the xbox and ps3 games. The release date will be November the 21st. Can't wait guys, I hope my pc can handle it with all the settings on high Razz (Probably not though, unless I buy some more RAM).
Josh1billion
Futumuch wrote:
GTA IV is dissapointing. After all the hype is fell a bit flat for me. They took all the fun out of the game and made it too dark.

I think that made the storyline more interesting and realistic.

I enjoyed the game overall. Smile
ServalM
Loathing in Fear wrote:
Rockstar just confirmed with a video that the PC release will be (almost) exactly the same as both, the xbox and ps3 games. The release date will be November the 21st. Can't wait guys, I hope my pc can handle it with all the settings on high Razz (Probably not though, unless I buy some more RAM).

I just bought myself a nice new pc (although it doesn't have the highest hardware components) and I randomly ran some tests on you-gamers (there you can check if your system can handle a specific game). So I came out on GTAIV, thought would be a nice game if it's released, I started the game-O-meter and it said for the recommended playing options, my system wasn't good enough. If you know I have a dual-core system running at 2.66 Ghz, a HD4850 and 2 Gb CL4 corsair memory, you would start to tremble. Then why isn't my system good enough to handle GTAIV on recommended settings? Well, easy, because of the support in Quad-core's, and my CPU's "only" a Dual....

Anyhow, I will buy the game and see for myself if it runs fast enough.
gosphinx
neolite wrote:
GTA III is called Liberty city. There is another game called GTA Myriad Island or something like that. It is a silly game. There are no missions seen and when you enter into a car at the beginning, the player starts flying. It is really disappointing. Evil or Very Mad but i love GTA IV(Vice city and San andeas) Smile

You can walk through the streets of the myriad island and you will certainly find some missions. Myriad island is a nice game because "gethtereamazinglyfast" cheat gives you a F1 car! Very Happy
gosphinx
neolite wrote:

You can walk through the streets of the myriad island and you will certainly find some missions. Myriad island is a nice game because "gethtereamazinglyfast" cheat gives you a F1 car! Very Happy
InsanePL
One this is sure, GTA IV PC Version will get less bugs than xbox version xD
1 month till premiere XD
Seiji
I'm waiting for the PC version. Fallout 3 got boring real quick for me. I've been waiting for GTA IV since the console versions came out. I don't understand why it took so long for the PC version to be released.
ServalM
Seiji wrote:
I'm waiting for the PC version. Fallout 3 got boring real quick for me. I've been waiting for GTA IV since the console versions came out. I don't understand why it took so long for the PC version to be released.

That's an easy answer. Games aren't that easily ported to another console, as for the pc it's just the same. Takes a whole lot of time to change all the little things to make it compatible with the pc. And since the GTA-series are first ment for the console, then it's obvious if they work on that first.
grashopa
I enjoy driving in GTA with the PS controller, but I can't stand aiming your gun with it Smile Problem is I would hate trying to drive using my keyboard and mouse with GTA on the PC...

GTA is awesome, the world it creates is amazing. They can create almost any storyline in these worlds - I look forward to many more excellent games from rockstar.

And Fallout 3 was utter rubbish.
ServalM
grashopa wrote:
I enjoy driving in GTA with the PS controller, but I can't stand aiming your gun with it Smile Problem is I would hate trying to drive using my keyboard and mouse with GTA on the PC...

GTA is awesome, the world it creates is amazing. They can create almost any storyline in these worlds - I look forward to many more excellent games from rockstar.

And Fallout 3 was utter rubbish.

well, I think it depends on what you're used. If you start playing with the pc controllers (keyboard, mousse, etc) you start getting used to it anyway. Same goes with playing on a xbox for a long time and then changing to a wii or playstation for example. It's just a matter of habit I think. Other than that I think the pc version might be very good.
andysart380
personally i hated the new GTA...i saints row is gonna blow it away
spinout
a comparisment - I have not played the psp game but I think the rest---> somehow I enjoyed vice city the most (pc), the motorcycles was introduced. It was the environment also.
Right now im doing the drug shootout in gta4 - the police raids the house n I has just got shot utd... It is a great game - but somehow has the PC versions had better framerate. And framerate is the most important.
blk3
I remembered playing previous GTA games both on the PC and the PSP. Alhough I never got around to completing it. I think its coming to the PC, most GTA games in the past does.
ServalM
I don't think the framerate was ever so bad on the console versions... Never had problems with Vice city, and I enjoyed very much playing it. Was also my favourite version of the gta series. Although I'm seriously doubting for this one now. Hope it'll come out fast enough.
achowles
I was a fan of Grand Theft Auto since the first one. Hell, I even loved the sequel even though many knocked it for still being so 2D. Not to mention the lack of save feature. ...actually I did find that annoying.

The third blew me away, even with its dodgy physics, it was great fun. But GTA 4 doesn't really interest me at all. I know I haven't tried it yet, but it just looks so generic now. Like they've removed the fun factor and made some kind of 'crime simulation' or something. Or maybe I'm just put off because Vice City sucked so much? Yeah, maybe that's it.
salmaan145
I like this game.
msfuture
Il like the game.

Il always play at friend of mine on the 360
He cant go online if he can it was so cool.
So i didnt play online yet but im gonna do when i buy myself the game
spinout
We got 2 updates for the ps3 in a short time - and the last one seemed to enhanced the framerate a bit. Anyone else got that feeling?
Faraz
Has it come to pc yet?
X5club
I like game.but i don't download ...?
I like this game.
spinout
Im 100% now sure that the framerate has been enhanced on the latest patch!!!!
Download it!!!!
Seiji
The PC version came out today, I can't wait until I get it. I'm not sure why they delayed the release for like 2 weeks.
spinout
preatty funny that mission to drive around with 2 stiffs in the backtrunk Smile)
i suppose it was meant that I was going to be hit n the trunk popped open Laughing
Nutteloos
So, who picked up the PC version yet? Is it actually different from console versions? I'm gonna need a few opinions before I'll pick it up. Wink
Fake
So far, its been disappoiting

Too many BUGS!

Going to check out the entire setup now on a crazy specs pc, and hope for the best!
joomla
i got the PC version... pretty heavy on the specs indeed.. i could barely make it.
it was worth the look and i found it amazing that the characters are even animted in the 3d inside the cars. however.. more of the same is my first opininion. heavy hollywood i gotta mention though.
spinout
isn't it the best part of this game to front collide a cop-car and see them fly out of the window!??!!??
Yasser_Bishesari
who can explain me exactly about this game?
spinout
Well it is simple - You are a criminal, in a city where there is alot of people, traffic and COPS!!!
freedom to do bad things to anyone... even an old lady...
But since is was originally a kind of car driving game that part is good, and the cop chases. Nothing feels better than to escape while cops are hit bloody... and yes an 18 yoa game...

There is alot of mission, but much shooting.
Nutteloos
joomla wrote:
i got the PC version... pretty heavy on the specs indeed.. i could barely make it.
it was worth the look and i found it amazing that the characters are even animted in the 3d inside the cars. however.. more of the same is my first opininion. heavy hollywood i gotta mention though.

The specs are insane. My pc fits the minimum requirements and it barely even runs. There's certainly something wrong with the memory usage in this game... guess I'll have to wait for the next patch.
ekremozdem
do u know when is it release?for pc
venometal
i love gta1 and gta2. i dont like further series since third game was released. or i should say fourth game cuz i like gta london too. 3d, first person or third person shooting games sux except halflife based ones i think.
Nutteloos
ekremozdem wrote:
do u know when is it release?for pc

Has already been released. I've seen it in stores for over a month now.
funky_programmer
Yeah...it has been released a few weeks ago and my brother is playing it now.
GTA IV is just too complex. It takes about 14 GB of my harddisk. What a waste of space...
But overall I would give it 4 of 5 stars.
spinout
I heard about the 14 GB hehe, well it didn't take that much on my PS3!

I played it for 4 hours yesterday... got to the point where I got to choose wheter I should kill Dwayne OR playboy X!!!????!!!! i killed Dwayne...
So U got some decitions to make - I wonder about the differenses????

Got to the helitour, grabbed a heli n fly to the 3rd island -> 6 stars...
I s the only way to get out to go to a paintshop???
funky_programmer
You get the 6 stars because according to the scenario, you are not supposed to enter that area yet. In other word, the area has not been unlocked.
spinout
I know that... But my q was if there is any other ways to get rid of them???

I was seeking stuntjumps on the second island... Have anyone found them?
Nutteloos
funky_programmer wrote:
Yeah...it has been released a few weeks ago and my brother is playing it now.
GTA IV is just too complex. It takes about 14 GB of my harddisk. What a waste of space...
But overall I would give it 4 of 5 stars.

I agree it's a bit heavy. Did they release some kind of patch yet to make it run on lower-end pc's yet? As of now I barely meet the minimum specs and I can play it... at 1/2 frame per second.
Kelcey
Unfortunately it runs like crap on PCs. I was really hoping rockstar would've made GTA4 a lot better on the PC.
spinout
I want help with the bankjob with packie!!!!

How du I do it !
Someone always get killed...
andersonic
spinout wrote:
I want help with the bankjob with packie!!!!

How du I do it !
Someone always get killed...

Took me a few times, but it's an excellent mission. You just got to keep trying. I now have a save kept just before this mission, so I can keep doing it! Cool
spinout
hm, I dislike such a mission... But well someones got to like it Smile

I keep stealing cars for money instead until I get my head in motivation for helping packie,,,

I got a birdwinged ferrari lokkalike now hehe... fast n red!