FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harmonica

kitsrock
I've been thinking about getting a harmonica. I feel that I want to be able to play some sort of instrument. However, due to busy schedule and lack of practice room, I don't think I can do expensive instruments such as a piano or loud ones like saxophone any form of justice.

Then someone suggested a harmonica. I instantly endorsed the idea. It is relatively cheap, portable, relatively quiet, So, I ask you guys for an advice. I want to know what kind of harmonicas there are, which brands are good, what kind of price range I can expect, hidden tutorials that aren't easily found by typing 'harmonica tutorial' on google etc.

I would greatly appreciate any information people are willing to share.
Andrew426
I had a Hohner silverstar - it was a pretty good instrument, till some bugger stole it. When you buy one, try and get one in the key of C. Thats what most guitars etc. play in so it helps to be in the same key so you can jam.
schooldays
I play a bit of harmonica - Hohner Marine Band are very good quality, but quite expensive.
spinout
It work like this whe you play a 10 hole blues hamonica. Use a 5 halvtones up harmonica:
IE
A song in E - Use A hamronica
a song in A - usa a D
a song in C - use a F
A song i G - use a C
aso....
You need a lot of harmonicas! But they come cheap today.

The root will be then on 1 and 4 th hole when sucking!
rockstar
The Hohner Silver star is very good for a budget model. My preference is the Tombo Lee Oskar, but like the Hohner Marine Band, It doesn't come cheap.