FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is better WordPress or Joomla?

chumbx
What is better WordPress or Joomla... Ja vi os dois nos sites mas nao estou a ver a desvantagens e vantagens dum e doutro... Agradecia ter a vossa ajuda
RiCtee
Depends on what you want to use it for. Wordpress if you want something simple, it is primary used for blogs; and Joomla if you want to do something more complicated, like a full featured website. Joomla has lots of different components and modules you can add.
rawrgasm
RiCtee wrote:
Depends on what you want to use it for. Wordpress if you want something simple, it is primary used for blogs; and Joomla if you want to do something more complicated, like a full featured website. Joomla has lots of different components and modules you can add.

wordpress also has alot of components you can add!!
I only hear bad things about joomla...
And all the sites I saw that were using joomla looked
quite cheap to me!! No quality design!!

I would definitely prefer WordPress. They have already alot
of good-looking Themes that you can try to rework and make
a really nice BLOG Very Happy

sincerely,
rawrgasm
jylan
I agree with rawrgasm,

Wordpress is no longer just a simple blog cms. It can do fully-featured CMS work quite allright with the help of the built-in features and the multitude of plugins available.

Joomla designs have always seemed very busy and quite unprofessional, while Wordpress designs look fabulous (well the vast majority of them anyway...).

So yeah, unless what you want to build happens to be a really complex CMS-managed site I would go for Wordpress over Joomla.
shkhanal
I have only used Joomla, so, I can't compare the two.

Here, what I would like to ask is can we apply adsense advertisements on the wordpress site? Can we find the modules and extensions for that?
keane
Joomla is a full blown website CMS. It has most of the features required building a website. While Wordpress is mainly a blogging tool. It has evolved, though. If you want more features you have do download plugins for wordpress.

Quote:
wordpress also has alot of components you can add!!
I only hear bad things about joomla...
And all the sites I saw that were using joomla looked
quite cheap to me!! No quality design!!

I agree with you. But the blame is not with Joomla. It's with those people who don't know how to make decent designs for Joomla. I've seen some nice templates for Joomla at Joomlashack.
KloosterKeys
I've tried Joomla for a while, but wasn't very satified with the way I could change the layout of the site. It is very very complicated to create your own designs in Joomla. Wordpress is easier to work with IMHO, but is more vulnerable to attacks from hackers I heard. Now I've tried out Drupal and it works like charm. It is not really difficult to configure and there's a lot of help out there in forums and video. So for now I'm happy with drupal.
reiika101
They both have their own pros and cons. Wordpress is especially designed for blogs but people also 'hack' it to make it a CMS. If you don't like the way it works, you have to remember that it was designed to be a blog platform and not a CMS compared to Joomla. Joomla is a well-known CMS but I haven't tried it before. This open-source software was especially designed as a CMS so you might not have big problems hacking it and such. Anyway, it all depends on what you want your website to be. I have used Wordpress for a really long time and I still like it. Just choose what you think is for the better. Good luck!