FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Download Program

ftv_flung
I'm looking for a download program that allows me to change where the downloads go depending on the site I'm downloading from. For example, if I download a file from www.frihost.com - the file is automatically put in a folder I specified "Frihost" or something like that - does this kind of thing exist??

Thanks in advance,
ftv_flung Smile
ProfessorY91
In all honesty I build my own download managers, depending on what I need at the moment. however, here is an excellent comparisons of the best free download managers out there. Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-download-manager.htm

If not, and you want to try your hand at building something that integrates file/folder creation with a specific naming scheme, you might want to try something called AutoHotKey. Its a beginners programming language/compiler that you can use to make a variety of programs. Visit: http://www.autohotkey.com

Best of luck to you. I'll watch this topic.

Y
aningbo
not too sure bt try a google search and u may find it.

why do u need something like that anwyays? jst being curious...
ftv_flung
Because it's less hassle for example, if I'm downloading from www.download.com - It's a lot easier and more organised to have them all in one folder, then if I download from another site... it goes in another folder..
ProfessorY91
Not working for you? Or working for you?
ftv_flung
I'm trying Gigaget and it seems to have what I wanted Smile

Thanks v. much ProfessorY91!
Kerschi
Try Free Download Manager at www.freedownloadmanager.org FDM accelerates downloads by splitting files into sections and then downloading them simultaneously. As a result download speed increases up to 600%, or even more! FDM can also resume broken downloads so you needn`t start downloading from the beginning after casual interruption.
justtj
You can create that kind of filter with Free Download Manager, i think most of ppl already gave u plenty of links to download it, lemme explain how to use.. Razz

-> open the fdm {free dowmload manager}
-> create a new group
-> set the location for the files to be saved in this group
-> Open site manager Tab and enter url of website and group it should save to.
-> test if its working Very Happy

njoy Wink
ftv_flung
Okay - thanks I'll try that too Cool
neolite
Freh download is another useful download tool that helps you to download file by dividing it into 8 parts and downloading each individual part at a time. That is preety fast Very Happy
marrs
I used to use Get right and the great thing about it is that if your download gets cut off or your computer crashes you can resume your download problem free.
With GetRight, you never need to worry about your web connection failing in the middle of a large download. This is great for any Internet connection, and is especially important if you use a wireless or dial-up connection. When using GetRight, you will be able to resume your download right where it left off.

People with Cable, DSL, or other fast Internet connections can benefit greatly from GetRight's Download Acceleration, Automatic Downloading, and Server Synchronization.

http://getright.com/
fadirocks
Free Download Manager can set different download spots per site

also in DownThemAll addon for FF you can use common places where you save files so you can down the list and choose what folder