FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP mail() function...

firumon
Many of the free hosting websites disables mail() function in PHP... Why they diable this function... Is there any security problem enabling this service... www.000webhosts.com enables this function in free hosting too.. But the problem is, cant able to create a domain domain.. Full time some errors... In forum many of the customers have complained about server down.. Always want to enter through proxies... When we send a mail using mail() function in PHP, what will be the senders address show on receiving point... There is optional parameters to add from address.. As said above, optional can be avoided... That time what will be the senders details... It think it may be something like noreply@domain.com... Am i correct?
Diablosblizz
I'm not sure what your point is, but it's disabled for security. Also, their free host may not want to support it, such as Freewebs. It all depends on the host.
takashiro
I can't find out what your point is.
But if you need mail() function, you should choose frihost.
rvec
some people can't make good php mail forms and make them vulnerable to spam attacks. If mail() is not available it is most likely because the host got too much trouble with users making easy to hack scripts. All settings for this function can be set manually when calling the function, see here on php.net: http://nl3.php.net/manual/en/book.mail.php