FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Card games!

David_Pardy
What card games does everyone here enjoy (or hate)?

At the moment I'm going through a "Cheat" phase with my friends. I also enjoy 5 card stud poker (I hate Texas Hold'em)

For those who don't know how to play Cheat, it's quite simple, and a lot of fun. It can be played with one or more decks of cards, I've played with two decks of cards with about 10 players.

All the cards are dealt out evenly to the other players. The player to the left of the dealer then puts down one or more cards and says what they've put down, for example, "Two Queens".

The player to the left of that player then puts down cards equal to, or one below or one above what the previous player had put down. So, they could put down for example, One Jack, One Queen or Four Kings. The amount of cards you put down doesn't matter.

The object of the game is to get rid of all your cards. You may find you need to cheat! So, for example, someone may have put down 4 Sixes, and you don't have any Fives, Sixes or Sevens. So you have to cheat. So you might put down an Eight and a Three, and declare it as Two Sevens. If nobody calls cheat on you, then that's fine, you've gotten away with it.

If, however, someone calls cheat and the person who just put their cards down has cheated, then that person needs to pick up ALL the cards in the middle. If the person who calls cheat is wrong, then that person needs to pick up all the cards in the middle.

And that's how me and my friends play the game. It's great fun when you play with two decks, because there's a LOT more cards to try and keep track of, and it makes things interesting when someone says "Seven Aces", and they're telling the truth!
Diablosblizz
Go Fish! Best game in the world, for cards that is. I also enjoy War, pretty interesting to see which person will win. It all depends on the cards, and the chances aren't 50-50. That's the good thing with card games.
bogger
weird, we call it B**lsh*t over here. (cheat that is, not go fish)

I'm a fan of poker, sorry Razz
Nutteloos
David_Pardy wrote:
At the moment I'm going through a "Cheat" phase with my friends. I also enjoy 5 card stud poker (I hate Texas Hold'em)

I've played a few games of 'Cheat' myself, under a different name - dunno what it was called anymore. Somehow it has never occurred to me to shuffle two or more decks together though, good call. I guess we never played with more than 5 people. Smile
QrafTee
My favorite card game is definitely Big 2 Poker.

Min. Players: 2
Max Players: 4

Objective: To get rid of all the cards in your hand.

Rules: Each player is dealt 13 cards. The player with the lowest card goes first and must play that card. You may only put down a card that is higher than the previous card set down by the previous player. A player who cannot put any cards down may pass. If everyone passes, the person who put the last card down can choose to put any card from his hand in either single, pairs, three-of-a-kind, or a combo. Whatever is set down at the beginning of each round must be followed until everyone passes. (ie. If Player 1 puts down a pair of 3s on his first turn, everyone can only put higher pairs down)

Advanced Rules: A player may strategically pass. You play until there is a definite loser--in a game with no bets, the loser usually shuffles as in incentive not to lose.

Card Rank: L > H
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A, 2.

Suit Rank: L > H
Diamond, Club, Heart, Spade

Combo Rank: L > H
Straight - Last card of the straight determines rank of straight (ie. If the straight ends with a 10 of Clubs, a straight ending with a 10 of Spades can beat it)
Flush - Suit determines rank followed by highest card in the flush (ie. If the Spade flush ends with a Jack, another player may set down a Spade flush which ends with an Ace)
Full House - The three-of-a-kind in the full house determines the rank of the full house (ie. If a full house with three 3s and two Aces is played, it can be beat with a full house with three 4s and two 5s)
Four-of-a-kind + Kicker - Four-of-a-kind determines rank.
Straight Flush - Last card determines rank.
Royal Flush - Suit determines rank.
RosenCruz
My favorite is Texas Hold Em
slashnburn99
Blackjack all the way for me

BET21 i find the best, always comps and also play for free

http://www.bet21.com/

Very good way to learn
JoshuAAR
QrafTee wrote:
My favorite card game is definitely Big 2 Poker.

Min. Players: 2
Max Players: 4

Objective: To get rid of all the cards in your hand.

Rules: Each player is dealt 13 cards. The player with the lowest card goes first and must play that card. You may only put down a card that is higher than the previous card set down by the previous player. A player who cannot put any cards down may pass. If everyone passes, the person who put the last card down can choose to put any card from his hand in either single, pairs, three-of-a-kind, or a combo. Whatever is set down at the beginning of each round must be followed until everyone passes. (ie. If Player 1 puts down a pair of 3s on his first turn, everyone can only put higher pairs down)

Advanced Rules: A player may strategically pass. You play until there is a definite loser--in a game with no bets, the loser usually shuffles as in incentive not to lose.

Card Rank: L > H
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A, 2.

Suit Rank: L > H
Diamond, Club, Heart, Spade

Combo Rank: L > H
Straight - Last card of the straight determines rank of straight (ie. If the straight ends with a 10 of Clubs, a straight ending with a 10 of Spades can beat it)
Flush - Suit determines rank followed by highest card in the flush (ie. If the Spade flush ends with a Jack, another player may set down a Spade flush which ends with an Ace)
Full House - The three-of-a-kind in the full house determines the rank of the full house (ie. If a full house with three 3s and two Aces is played, it can be beat with a full house with three 4s and two 5s)
Four-of-a-kind + Kicker - Four-of-a-kind determines rank.
Straight Flush - Last card determines rank.
Royal Flush - Suit determines rank.

This game is exactly like a game i like to play, but with a few small differences. its called Emperor Scum, and follows all the same main rules, except there is no poker ascpect at the end. The first person to get rid of al their cards is called the emperor and the last is the scum. For the next round the scum has to give the emporer their two best cards and in return the emperor gives scum their two worst cards.

So once you are the scum it actually becomes quite hard to get back into the game.

Other than that, I've been playing a lot of 'UNO' lately, its a great game with alot of people! and of course i love some Texas Hold'em. Very Happy
RuoCrage
aaaah Smile

wells i play games like 21 even though its quite boring i play trumps, swiss west and lots of others.

For those who don't know how to play Cheat, it's quite simple, and a lot of fun. It can be played with one or more decks of cards, I've played with two decks of cards with about 10 players.

All the cards are dealt out evenly to the other players. The player to the left of the dealer then puts down one or more cards and says what they've put down, for example, "Two Queens".

The player to the left of that player then puts down cards equal to, or one below or one above what the previous player had put down. So, they could put down for example, One Jack, One Queen or Four Kings. The amount of cards you put down doesn't matter.
petermilko
I have learned to play almost all trading card games Yu-gi-oh and Naruto are my fav card games

So my card game is a game i always wanted to exist but it still doesn't

im going to make it free to gain popularity and then ill be able to get it published taa daa!

what should i name it ?

its a game where you take over the enemy territory ...(back line)

Battle Scars
Kings of War
War Kings
Total Takeover

once i can make a page you will be able to SEE much more of this game Razz
KKatiL
i love very much poker ,for the other i don't wan't to talk about Mad
Nameless
52 pickup.

Very Happy