FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about videos

Xcelerate
I'm doing a cross-country website for my school, and after my last web host closed down due to a lack of staff, I have been looking for another, and yours seemed good.

I typically video our cross-country meets and edit them, and then load them onto our webpage (no copyrighted material in them). Is that allowed on here? (If not, I can use something like ourmedia.org)

Videos aren't the only thing on the webpage of course. I include polls, meet results, announcements, etc. Videos are just a section of it.
Bondings
Xcelerate wrote:
I'm doing a cross-country website for my school, and after my last web host closed down due to a lack of staff, I have been looking for another, and yours seemed good.

I typically video our cross-country meets and edit them, and then load them onto our webpage (no copyrighted material in them). Is that allowed on here? (If not, I can use something like ourmedia.org)

Videos aren't the only thing on the webpage of course. I include polls, meet results, announcements, etc. Videos are just a section of it.

Yes, self-made movies are allowed. Polls, results, announcements also as they are part of most websites and completely legal.
budazz
hi we are the same...like some videos ei....but you have to make it smaller file...i tried to load 1 mb of a video clip...it takes too long to load a one movie... Laughing
Sunny
Quote:
but you have to make it smaller file...i tried to load 1 mb of a video clip...it takes too long to load a one movie...

1 mb shouldn't take long time, seems like you are on slow connection then something to do with frihost hosting.

May be check your internet speed here

http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp
budazz
yeah you are right we have a very slow connection here ....but i think the video is too slow to view by other...i will make it into kb...: ) Very Happy
Daniel15
You could also use this webpage to check your connection speed: http://members.optusnet.com.au/djalexm/speedtest/tools_speed.shtml

This site is called the 'Oz Broadband Speed Test' and has mostly Australian mirrors (so it gives me more exact results than a US-based test) but some USA mirrors are included.