FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Catch-22

bravesirrobin
I first had to read Catch-22 for summer reading when I was a junior in high school. The list was pretty bland from melodramatic black and white feuds to done-a-million times war stories. Catch-22 seemed like the only interesting book there. I read it, and had the best time I've ever had reading a book. The sarcasm and boat load of characters was like an awakening slap to the face. At times, it got rather confusing, but it's something you can ultimately put up with because the sheer comedy of the book is enough to put Will Ferrell out of business.

I got the chance to read it again as a senior for my senior paper. The second time around, the confusion drifted away and I just got to have a good laugh (more like a couple hundred).

I completely recommend this book to anyone interested in having an entertaining, funny, and maybe even mind expanding read.
missdixy
Yes it's an amazing, refreshing read every time!
mgeek
It is a good book. I read the book before I saw a rerun of the movie. I felt that the movie wasn't as good as the book.
rshackelford
I've only read it once and I also liked it. I probably should reread it, it seems like the kind of book that gets better after a couple of reads. And books are almost always better than the movie.
georgeodowd
I've had a copy on my shelf for many years, and keep meaning to read it. I started the first few pages over the holidays, but I was engaged in five other novels at the same time, so it fell off the charts again. Next time, though! It seems like the sort of thing I would honestly enjoy.
ato784
I recently just bought a copy of the book at a book sale for a dollar, now I have to read it! I heard that it was good, but did not really know that it was comedy. Cool thanks for the post!