FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best C++ Compiler

Which Compiler do you think is the Best Compiler?
Visual C++
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Dev C++(Mingnw)
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Mingnw(Command Line)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Borland C++
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Digital Mars C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Vermin
I am running a poll to find the C/C++ Compiler that people like mose. Please Vote your choice
MrBlueSky
You are missing an option: the GNU Compiler Collection
cyeborg
I haven't used all of the compilers. Just used the Boralnd , Dev C++ and the visual C++ compilers and like the environment of the Dev C++ compiler. Its simple and easy on eyes.
mehulved
MrBlueSky wrote:
You are missing an option: the GNU Compiler Collection

Selecting mingw makes it equivalent to choosing gcc, unless you want to get too strict about it.
snowboardalliance
I selected Dev-c++ but really I like Code::Blocks with MinGW. Similar but a lot better.
realtrue
Visual C++ is very good compiler because it has facility for debuging and fast for editing. Intelisense help us to find the coresponding class. Many other software for programming support Visual C++ also like LabWindows/CVI from national Instrument.
There are also wxwidgets integration software. I love this very much.
This software eventhough big, but fast enough and stable.

The executable file is relative smaller comparing GCC.
jackill
Isn't Visual C++ executable using libraries? In GCC you need to compile executable with libraries. Like java, without JRE it isn't working. Buy maybe i'n not correct...
surdy
Dude ....!! where is the GCU C compiler GCC :O

I can't vote without that option .... most people won't be able to .
So many people use it.

GCC ...my favourite .
jackill
In fact GCC is in Mingw Very Happy So maybe it's poll about Windows compilers. Not Unix Wink
surdy
jackill wrote:
In fact GCC is in Mingw Very Happy So maybe it's poll about Windows compilers. Not Unix Wink

Anyone who has used pure GCC won't equate it with Mingw ...the name itself says Mingw = Minimalist GNU for Windows

I stress on the point Minimalist

Yeah probably he is just concerned with Windows specific compilers
bernardnapoleon
i use code::block it's similar to dev c++ but really better... way better. plus it has the ability to run a compiler from other computer(linux) using uniwin.
Pokhara
Quote:
East and West, Dev c++ is the best
It's really nice IDE with the GNU Compiler. The complied code is really smaller as compared to Visual c++ and any other c++ compiler
neolite
Visual c++ is a nice compiler if you want to program in windows platform beacause it is developed by the same company, Microsoft, who develops microsoft windows.
luxgud
I use Visual Studio 2008 c++ and c# Epress and MinGW with CodeBlocks. I use them for different purposes but like them equally.